Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The "guarantee" was brought up some weeks back -- there was some limiting language in the "guarantee" that basically doesn't hold them to it. I'm officially in f*ck it mode and don't think I'll get the car this year. If they couldn't get it done between the week before Halloween and now, I have no faith they'll get it done in the next 7 days.

Sorry for the sour mood, I'm just over it after my VIN disappeared today.
I lost my vin 2 days ago and have officially given up as well. 10/15 order, i've seen people order my same exact configuration after me get their car at the same exact DC as mine, it's clearly not first come first serve and it's only partially location based, I have no idea how they decide who gets what car. I called Tesla up once just to make sure i'm still set to receive the car by year end and they said I would. Later that night saw my vin pop up and the very next day it's gone. I'm not gonna bother calling because I know they don't/can't do anything.

Reactions: tren01t and iamnid
I lost my vin 2 days ago and have officially given up as well. 10/15 order, i've seen people order my same exact configuration after me get their car at the same exact DC as mine, it's clearly not first come first serve and it's only partially location based, I have no idea how they decide who gets what car. I called Tesla up once just to make sure i'm still set to receive the car by year end and they said I would. Later that night saw my vin pop up and the very next day it's gone. I'm not gonna bother calling because I know they don't/can't do anything.
This kind of BS is sad. I really hope they pull their heads out their butts and get you your car before the EOY.
Sending positive thoughts your way :)

Hello All! I'm a long-time lurker of the Model 3 Forum and decided to finally join and participate in the conversations. I placed an order on 1-Dec-2019 for a Pearl White LR AWD (White/White) w/FSD & 19" sport rims.

Here's a general timeline:
Order placed: 1-Dec-2019
VIN in the source: 23-Dec-2019
Delivery text: 23-Dec-2019
Delivery Scheduled: 31-Dec-2019 at Marina Del Rey DC.

I didn't receive any updates (emails or text messages) up until this evening. I found the VIN in source at around 7PM and received a text from delivery 30 minutes after. I still do not have the VIN listed on my actual account, but I am getting a request to pay off the remaining balance.

For those that have already taken delivery, have you been able to pick the car up sooner than the scheduled delivery date Tesla provided?

Reactions: sslack18
wonder if they would lower price of car by the amount of rebate if they fail to deliver before 1 Jan 2020.........ordered 10/22....nothing as of today....so I told them I would get it after the 1st of the year......hope everyone else gets their car on time

Hello All! I'm a long-time lurker of the Model 3 Forum and decided to finally join and participate in the conversations. I placed an order on 1-Dec-2019 for a Pearl White LR AWD (White/White) w/FSD & 19" sport rims.

Here's a general timeline:
Order placed: 1-Dec-2019
VIN in the source: 23-Dec-2019
Delivery text: 23-Dec-2019
Delivery Scheduled: 31-Dec-2019 at Marina Del Rey DC.

I didn't receive any updates (emails or text messages) up until this evening. I found the VIN in source at around 7PM and received a text from delivery 30 minutes after. I still do not have the VIN listed on my actual account, but I am getting a request to pay off the remaining balance.

For those that have already taken delivery, have you been able to pick the car up sooner than the scheduled delivery date Tesla provided?
Just picked mine today from Marina Del Rey. I was scheduled for tomorrow but got a txt message today saying that they have spots open for this afternoon. So yea you might get yours early. If you get the txt message for early delivery , make sure u call them right away instead of texting back to the message

Just picked mine today from Marina Del Rey. I was scheduled for tomorrow but got a txt message today saying that they have spots open for this afternoon. So yea you might get yours early. If you get the txt message for early delivery , make sure u call them right away instead of texting back to the message

Understood--Many thanks for the reply, my friend. Fingers crossed that the date its "estimated" to leave the factory is a "worst-case scenario". Delivery on the 31st is certainly cutting it close.

In addition, I have to agree with many of my fellow Tesla owners that this process has been less than ideal. Tesla has an incredible product but needs to refine its customer service experience from top to bottom.

Reactions: biotsf and sslack18
you told them or they told you ?
I told them......rebate is not that important to me....but being able to fully inspect the car and hoping that a later production build may get rid of some of the issue before delivery......

Edit: I ordered on 10-22....nothing as of yesterday.......leaving country on 28th so it looks dbad for me....I decided to not take delivery, if and when they decided to give me a vin, so they cannot say I cannot take delivery or lose out on getting the same car as ordered....

Urrrrrrrrgh

F2E0715B-ED5D-4F4D-B529-00CC9CB4E4E0.gif