Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No Vin no call no schedule or anything. And SA was missing for these two days not answering the calls. 11/11 ordered. Are they going to tell me what is going on with my order? Pissed.
Yep, similar here, my email to SA got the "Out of Office" routine...this is a JOKE!

Back to "Vin":null even though I have copies of completed Lease documents with the Vin originally assigned to me.

Reactions: skydreamerjae
Got a call from my DC today and mentioned my car is still in pre-production. So my initial delivery appointment of December 27 got pushed back to December 29.
Slightly bummed but at least I actually got a concrete update lol.

Received an email from Buena Park DC just now as well. They state that they are still anticipating VIN-less people like me to receive one in the next few days for a delivery by EOY.

Wow that's crappy news about the weather shutting down the Grapevine. I wonder if all those 27 trailers someone saw made it past or not. Sure this is stressful for delivery staff too and probably wondering how they will piggy back the appts that got delayed due to road closure. Hoping the best for all of you in Southern Calif waiting for your car.

I just looked at Google Maps' traffic for the Grapevine/southern Calif. area and some of the closed sections on the map along 5 say closed until 12/27 (incl 5N in one section but all trailers would be going south). However 5-S is just showing ultra slow on their map at Grapevine so hopefully it's really slow going but still moving. Otherwise not seeing their traffic maps showing any closures going south to LA. Be safe if you have to drive south through there.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: fishyducky
I'm getting nervous. My delivery is scheduled for noon today and have not heard anything since the VIN showed up in my account on 12/24. After I submitted payment on my account last night, The page reverted and no longer shows my VIN or delivery appointment and would not let me quote with Tesla insurance. I did receive an email from Tesla confirming the payment. Thinking positive but pretty sure nobody will be showing up at noon and I'm going to have to call Tesla to find out delivery has been delayed.

Received an email from Buena Park DC just now as well. They state that they are still anticipating VIN-less people like me to receive one in the next few days for a delivery by EOY.
Do they know there is only 5 days left till EOY?... My SA was dead not answering the call and my only way to ask people was using online chat. That person from online chat was rude kept saying you need to reply to any email you received from Tesla as by doing that there will be a real person to contact you. Got another guy from Tesla called 10 min later telling they are trying to get everyone delivered by end of year and that's it. OMG

So I decided to check Apple Maps for the Grapevine area and that was showing a worse situation. The area by Grapevine said it was closed at 11pm yesterday and was due to open at noon today and I'm seeing the Closed Signage removed now. However 5-S looks to be closed at Frazier Mountain Park Rd. and beyond on 5-S with no info on an opening time.

Do they know there is only 5 days left till EOY?... My SA was dead not answering the call and my only way to ask people was using online chat. That person from online chat was rude kept saying you need to reply to any email you received from Tesla as by doing that there will be a real person to contact you. Got another guy from Tesla called 10 min later telling they are trying to get everyone delivered by end of year and that's it. OMG

Given the 5 is closed southbound due to snow (since last night when CHP shut it down), I'm sure the delivery centers in southern Calif don't know when trailers with cars will be delivered right now. And sure they are very well aware of how many days are left until the end of the year. Question is, that probably no one can answer right now, is where the car carriers are on 5? Hopefully they made it thru before the highway was closed. I feel for anyone that has to travel 5 during the winter. Not something we have to deal with here in the SF Bay area.

According to Apple Maps the segment from Frazier Mountain Park Road shut down at 9:44am this morning. A segment starting further south near Pyramid Lake shut down South at 9:05am. No update for opening yet for either segment. The Grapevine area does appear to be open though. 5 opens up just north of Santa Clarita.

Last edited: