Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20191231_070547.jpg
    MVIMG_20191231_070547.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 61
Wow we actually got it. It was perfect, they spent tons of time going through everything and even got us in 45 minutes early.

Ordered 11/26 SR+ White/Black
Buena Park

Delivery date changed 3 times delivery time changed 5 times Went through 2 vin's but made it.. totally worth the wait
IMG_20191231_120539.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191231_120524.jpg
    IMG_20191231_120524.jpg
    599.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Reactions: BreezyM3
@dandrewk - proper AP position is both feet flat and hands loosely gripping the wheel at 4 and 8 o clock. The idea is maximum fatigue reduction. You will know when autosteer is squirrily from experience and under no circumstances do you leave yourself no cushion to take over if needed. You can still be very relaxed however.

I asked this question in the FB group. Most/all said keeping feet flat on the floor is not the safest place. It should be placed (but not pushing) on the accelerator pedal, where it can easily pivot to the brake pedal when necessary.

My issue is that even placing my foot on the accelerator still exerts a tiny push on the pedal. At speed, that won't make a difference. But in stop/go traffic, I fear even a tiny push would cause the car to go forward a bit, and that's not what I would want. I'd much prefer keeping my foot flat on the floor, but wonder if that degrades critical response time.

I asked this question in the FB group. Most/all said keeping feet flat on the floor is not the safest place. It should be placed (but not pushing) on the accelerator pedal, where it can easily pivot to the brake pedal when necessary.

My issue is that even placing my foot on the accelerator still exerts a tiny push on the pedal. At speed, that won't make a difference. But in stop/go traffic, I fear even a tiny push would cause the car to go forward a bit, and that's not what I would want. I'd much prefer keeping my foot flat on the floor, but wonder if that degrades critical response time.

Since you can monitor distance / TACC functionality, I see very marginal benefit to prime your foot on the accelerator.

I think you carry more risk on the accelerator and this is my opinion why:

Accelerating overrides TACC. You don't want that happening inadvertently do you?

Being flat footed gives you more balance to your upper torso. Much easier to pivot your field of view to scan for threats in front, behind and to the sides.

Those saying to rest on the accelerator is looking at only one aspect and only looking for reaction time which is dubious IMO.

My philosophy is to proactively look for situations while relaxed versus reacting to them while tense.

• Informative
Reactions: dandrewk
UPDATE: Got home about 30 minutes ago with my new Model 3! With the exception of waiting about an hour to sign paperwork, then an hour for my car to be charged and prepped, everything was great. Staff was very helpful all throughout. Car was in great condition, I saw no paint issues and zero panel gaps. I was trying hard to fign some misaligned panels but it was excellent. It was a long 62-day wait but am happy!

Just got the call that my car won't make this year. Tesla is full of lies.... Ordered in November, delivery got pushed 3 times. I moved vacations, I took days off, I sold cars expecting delivery. What a way to treat your customers.
At least they called you. I had to call multiple DC just to find out any information even a lie at this point if it meant I had some info. My SA finally told me there’s apparently a list I got put on so if there is a cancelation they would call me right away. I doubt it. I don’t believe it. So we shall see. It’s just pathetic that they expect older orders to sit and not be upset watching December orders get filled the same week the order is placed.

Yup! If you got a text that it’s going to be today you should just come. The check-in line was very fast and deceiving... they then direct you around the corner... line now is estimated to be 200 now... then there’s a wait area inside the show room

Also no sign of Elon. I do see some kids holding mini red model s cars... not sure if it’s reserved for model S buyers or if it’s swag they’re giving out.

Sounds like the Space Mountain line at Disneyland. In more ways than one. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: skydreamerjae
I’m also home! The whole process took about 2.5 hours. The paperwork part only took 30 mins but my car was only charged 50%. I swung by a supercharger in front of the showroom. Unfortunately no sign of Elon but everyone said he was there walking around. They had the cutest “volunteer” there who is a current owner volunteering her time to talk about how awesome Tesla is. I wonder what they offer these current owners?! My car was pretty perfect too. My husband owns auto body shops and he confirmed it looked great with the exception of the smallest dent on my hood near the T. It’s due to someone not shutting the hood with two hands. Very hard to see unless you really try. It wouldn’t even show up in pics. The rep said Tesla will take care of it for us. The only other things I found frustrating was that my app won’t link yet. They said to wait until after 8 because the rush that’s happening. So have to use my key card. My screen also froze while I was charging. After a manual reset it worked fine again.

Now the challenge for me is to get use to all the controls ... currently looking at how I can connect Waze

To those still waiting... I hope Tesla does something to make it up to you! Good luck!

I’m also home! The whole process took about 2.5 hours. The paperwork part only took 30 mins but my car was only charged 50%. I swung by a supercharger in front of the showroom. Unfortunately no sign of Elon but everyone said he was there walking around. They had the cutest “volunteer” there who is a current owner volunteering her time to talk about how awesome Tesla is. I wonder what they offer these current owners?! My car was pretty perfect too. My husband owns auto body shops and he confirmed it looked great with the exception of the smallest dent on my hood near the T. It’s due to someone not shutting the hood with two hands. Very hard to see unless you really try. It wouldn’t even show up in pics. The rep said Tesla will take care of it for us. The only other things I found frustrating was that my app won’t link yet. They said to wait until after 8 because the rush that’s happening. So have to use my key card. My screen also froze while I was charging. After a manual reset it worked fine again.

Now the challenge for me is to get use to all the controls ... currently looking at how I can connect Waze

To those still waiting... I hope Tesla does something to make it up to you! Good luck!

Congrats! Another good report on condition should help quell some anxious minds and good to hear.

as far a volunteers they do it out of love for the cars and wanting other new owners to have a good experience. They know EoQ is a massive busy push for Tesla and want to help out. All altruistic on their part.

Reactions: mongo
MX owner here, at first saying i will be picking up the car on 29 at 11am, then change to 30 at 5pm, then told me the car is expect to ship out on 30 and wont make my appointment time, so move me again to 31 at 1pm, then last night call me again saying the car has not been shipped, and move me again to 31 at 9pm, so instead of sitting , i decide to go to the delivery center at 1pm and make sure the car is on the way to LA, the staff told me that yes it has leave the factory, so i decide to stay home waiting for the car instead of going out to park.
Then i just get a call at 7pm saying my car is not going to arrive today, and ask me to set another apportionment after Jan 2, what a joke tesla!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont know what else to say other than fuxk you !!!!!

Someone on one of the threads had posted that a southbound trailer has issues (didn’t specify) and wouldn’t show up today. Hopefully not involved in an accident. Don’t know if it had your vehicle on it but if so could explain why appt had to be rescheduled. I can tell you that I have no doubt Tesla and its staff were doing everything that they could do to get the cars to people. Feel bad you waited around today and still got bad news.

Reactions: sunnyvale76
Someone on one of the threads had posted that a southbound trailer has issues (didn’t specify) and wouldn’t show up today. Hopefully not involved in an accident. Don’t know if it had your vehicle on it but if so could explain why appt had to be rescheduled. I can tell you that I have no doubt Tesla and its staff were doing everything that they could do to get the cars to people. Feel bad you waited around today and still got bad news.
well yes, i totally understand they have done what they can do to get the car to me
but they also make all those car to the other states first even those people order are behind me, cause i did not order on DEC, i order on nov 8!

• Informative
Reactions: ZappCatt
Logistics to further away places takes precedent. Since cars are run in batch runs by color and trim it depends a great deal what order and how many in the run are made. How those get parceled out I don’t know if anyone here knows how the VINs get assigned. Maybe by no-trade-in as a quick in-out of DC, and then other criteria but who knows.