Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Caliper Rebuild Kit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rebuild it kit varies basic kit is just new seals and dust boots to replace the internal ones. Guessing you could replace the piston if needed, and the bolts. Just not having a ton of luck finding what I would need, but could be just searching by the wrong terms to find what I need, or its something super basic and you have to search for a specific caliper gasket size to get what you need, etc.

Rebuild it kit varies basic kit is just new seals and dust boots to replace the internal ones. Guessing you could replace the piston if needed, and the bolts. Just not having a ton of luck finding what I would need, but could be just searching by the wrong terms to find what I need, or its something super basic and you have to search for a specific caliper gasket size to get what you need, etc.
These will work, I did this myself a few months ago.
CENTRIC 14303005
CENTRIC 14363034

What is the big metal piston that gets mechanically pushed out?
I was looking to replace the seal and rubber around it if possible.
It is called “piston” and it is pushed out to function. Thought not hydraulically. I have not needed to change them yet, have done service on the calipers twice. Still looked almost like new (the rubber dust boots and covers) on 2016/03 Model S.

It is called “piston” and it is pushed out to function. Thought not hydraulically. I have not needed to change them yet, have done service on the calipers twice. Still looked almost like new (the rubber dust boots and covers) on 2016/03 Model S.
I was being a bit sarcastic as the poster I quoted said the parking brake didn’t have a piston when in fact it does.

The rubber that surrounds it on a spare set that I have looks worn and I’d like to see if I can replace it. No luck finding parts or a shop that knows how to do this yet.