TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Calipers -- Black with red text or Red with silver text?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by hatman4731, Apr 9, 2017.

?

Caliper color

1. Black with red letters -- understated, classy with a hint of speed

33.3%
  2. Red with silver letters - MAXIMUM SPEED

66.7%
  1. hatman4731

hatman4731 Member

I was originally going to paint my calipers the traditional red with silver TESLA text on a black car, then spied one of Al & Ed's cars where they left the calipers black but painted the letters red -- looks pretty good, classy and understated:

BEHIND THE BUILD: Project LBR Tesla Model S Bespoke Make Over

vs

upload_2017-4-9_13-14-17.png

What do you guys think? Which one would you pick?

2. hatman4731

hatman4731 Member

beuller? .... beuller?

3. Chief holley

Chief holley Member

I like the Black with red letters but I will be going with a little more color, so I'm picking the red caliper with silver. To spice things up, I am going with reflective lettering just for an additional pop. I considered going with wrapping the calipers in a reflective red but I don't want to look like a boy racer too much. I'm getting mine done this June, good luck in your choice, I'm sure you will love it regardless.

4. Parikhrr

Parikhrr Member

Anyone know where in NJ/NY I can get my calipers painted?