Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Call from Tesla for new 400 mile range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a call from Tesla this morning asking if I would be interested in attending an event in Costa Mesa for showing off the upgrade for the new 400 mile range for the Model S......

Asked if this upgrade would be applied to my 17 Jan 2020 Model S.....after getting some information for someone else, she said no, I would have to pay for it but she did not know the cost....

also asked if my battery (100kW) was capped at 98%.....she said yes it was.....then asked why am I only getting 320 mile range when charged to 90% when it should be at 335 mile range.....she suggested to go to the service center and ask them....

oh well.....it is what it is....but I do love my car.....

she could not answer any questions about the new 2020.4.11 software release I got last night either.....(different department......suggested I call service center )

Just got a call from Tesla this morning asking if I would be interested in attending an event in Costa Mesa for showing off the upgrade for the new 400 mile range for the Model S......

Asked if this upgrade would be applied to my 17 Jan 2020 Model S.....after getting some information for someone else, she said no, I would have to pay for it but she did not know the cost....

also asked if my battery (100kW) was capped at 98%.....she said yes it was.....then asked why am I only getting 320 mile range when charged to 90% when it should be at 335 mile range.....she suggested to go to the service center and ask them....

oh well.....it is what it is....but I do love my car.....

she could not answer any questions about the new 2020.4.11 software release I got last night either.....(different department......suggested I call service center )
Is it a software upgrade? Currently the Model S LR+ range is 390 miles and 348 Miles for the Performance.

When changing the wheel configuration from 19" to 21" there is no range change ?

Last edited:
Is it a software upgrade? Currently the Model S LR+ range is 390 miles and 348 Miles for the Performance.

When changing the wheel configuration from 19" to 21" there is no range change ?
I asked if it was software or hardware and was told it was a hardware upgrade....thus the cost we would have to pay....which by the way, she could not tell me what that would be

I would think if it were a software upgrade, why should we have to pay for it especially if our cars are under 30 days old

I was led to believe this event would be this Saturday at the Costa Mesa delivery center on Pullman ave, costa mesa

Interesting. I thought I read that a few people were getting told the Long Range Plus version of the S and X they ordered were not to be delivered until... I thought the date was the March 7th, which would fall on this Saturday..... The plot thickens..... :p

Interesting. I thought I read that a few people were getting told the Long Range Plus version of the S and X they ordered were not to be delivered until... I thought the date was the March 7th, which would fall on this Saturday..... The plot thickens..... :p

I'm one of those people. Car has been across town since the original delivery date of the 22nd when they told us an hour before delivery that we couldn't get it until after the 7th. My new delivery date is now March 8th. Also very interested to see why I couldn't have the car (that I did get to sit in under supervision) 2 weeks prior...

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4
hopefully, someone who goes to the Costa Mesa event will be Savvy enough to ask a loaded question like;
"... will there be any WRITTEN warranty that future Tesla OTA countermeasures won't grenade charge speed & range for at least 200K miles &/or 10 years?"