Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camborne (Cornwall) Supercharger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is Cambourne Supercharger a thing? ABRP suggests that it is, but I can't see it on the Tesla Supercharger map. I did a quick search of the forums and found reference to it, but didn't spot any messages saying that it had closed or been removed.

Any ideas? I'm taking the fam to Cornwall tomorrow, so it'd be handy to know if it's a mirage or not :)

View attachment 925863View attachment 925861
Yea it’s a real thing. Have used it a few times on trips over that way. A welcome site!

Used this supercharger a day ago. Tesla maps gives you the worst directions to it. It’s tucked behind a building called the fibre hub. There is no cafe. Just a kfc over the road. Mad to think how many times I may have been sitting next to other members of this forum by reading the amount of people that have charged here in the last day

I've used it a couple of times. Yes, the directions are wrong - if you've come off the A30 you need to drive just past the Fibre Hub (or College) and turn left then into the main entrance, Tesla's directions can take you into a narrow road before the site with a gate into the college grounds (locked when I tried the first time on a Saturday morning) and it's difficult to turn round in the lane which is a dead end.
There is a very pleasant cafe there, the Nimbus Kitchen about 20 yards away from the chargers although it may only be open on work days. I've only seen one other car being charged whilst I've been in there.

Reactions: Sean.
Yes, you can see over 170kW even on an SR+ in optimum circumstances on a V3 (250kW) Supercharger. I saw 177kW once ... only briefly, but held onto 100kW+ up to 50% SOC. LR and Performance charge faster of course.
Charging at Camborne at the moment. Pretty impressive charging rate: 20230413_152550.jpg

Reactions: Adopado
Is Cambourne Supercharger a thing? ABRP suggests that it is, but I can't see it on the Tesla Supercharger map. I did a quick search of the forums and found reference to it, but didn't spot any messages saying that it had closed or been removed.

Any ideas? I'm taking the fam to Cornwall tomorrow, so it'd be handy to know if it's a mirage or not :)

View attachment 925863View attachment 925861
Are you talking about this supercharger?
Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 9.30.53 PM.png

I checked reviews of other EV owners on Plugshare, and It's totally operational, and EV owners are satisfied. You can check here as well: Tesla Supercharger Map | PlugShare

I usually rely more on Plugshare instead of the Tesla App. Maybe, you should also check this one!

I've used it a couple of times. Yes, the directions are wrong - if you've come off the A30 you need to drive just past the Fibre Hub (or College) and turn left then into the main entrance, Tesla's directions can take you into a narrow road before the site with a gate into the college grounds (locked when I tried the first time on a Saturday morning) and it's difficult to turn round in the lane which is a dead end.
Can’t believe they’ve still not updated the directions in the nav. They need to get some brighter interns 🙃