Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camera-only Proximity sensors too sensitive - any way to adjust?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently switched from a HW3 2020 M3 to a HW4 2023 MY and driving my car is a cacophony of beeps - every car, bush, bicycle within 3 ft at any speed causes constant proximity alerts. Stopping at a red light when a car pulls next to me. Entering my driveway. Pulling into the garage. Exiting a parking lot. I thought I remembered a sensitivity adjustment specifially created when people complained about fast-food and bank drive throughs. I can't find that. I'd settle for turning the damn things off since they result in 99.9% false alarms. Any adjustments possible?

I recently switched from a HW3 2020 M3 to a HW4 2023 MY and driving my car is a cacophony of beeps - every car, bush, bicycle within 3 ft at any speed causes constant proximity alerts. Stopping at a red light when a car pulls next to me. Entering my driveway. Pulling into the garage. Exiting a parking lot. I thought I remembered a sensitivity adjustment specifially created when people complained about fast-food and bank drive throughs. I can't find that. I'd settle for turning the damn things off since they result in 99.9% false alarms. Any adjustments possible?
You can turn off Park Assist Chimes under the Safety menu to silence the constant beeping. The visual display of the proximity of other objects around the car will still be active.

You can turn off Park Assist Chimes under the Safety menu to silence the constant beeping. The visual display of the proximity of other objects around the car will still be active.
I had the same problem with over-aggressive beeping in a new Model Y when entering/leaving our garage, or getting near shrubbery. I never associated them with "parking", like pulling into a marked place in a lot or on the street, but, sure enough, silencing the Park Assist Chimes solved the problem. Thanks.