Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camera recalibration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, first post so go easy on me! I recently had the windscreen of my 2020 model 3 replaced and the workshop tried to recalibrate the cameras, which wouldn't work, when you clear calibration it confirms it's cleared and then nothing, there is no percentage indicator and nothing else happens, only some of the cameras now work. and I have no auto pilot, auto lights, auto wipers etc.
I logged a service request with Tesla and they sent a ranger out to me, he couldn't find a problem, all the hardwear involved in windscreen replacement was replaced correctly, he put the blame on the hansshow dash display that I have and said that as it is plugged ditectly into the autopilot computer it is most likely the problem, he said that it would have to be repaired in their workshop and that the hansshow display is most likely the problem. He also said that warranty would not cover the repairs as they do not approve of the display

has anyone come across this? going to pull the display out at the weekend to see if it makes a difference

I think it's fairly common for the Tesla techs to declare that some owner-installed hardware is to blame for things not working correctly, whether or not it's actually true. I don't know if your Hansshow device falls into this category. However, when I got HW3 installed back in 2020 my camera recalibration involved driving around for about 10 minutes and 5 miles in city and highway traffic before all of the automatic things began working again. Note that my windshield was not replaced, nor any of the cameras actually touched during the HW3 upgrade.

Now, there should be a Camera Recalibration button in the Service menu of the car. My understanding is that you press it, then drive around to calibrate the cameras. I've not done this myself as I've never had a problem with them.