Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand New Model Y - Loss of Autopilot functions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a brand new Model Y that I just picked up almost 2 weeks ago. For the first 5 days the autopilot calibrated and I could use the features. It then started displaying unavailable. In addition the display when driving no longer shows stop signs or other cars. I have tried several things starting with he basics, to some more details done. The cameras seem to be all working fine, and even speed limit signs are still detected and displayed, the green light chime works. I have tried several things from the basic to more advanced with no luck, but Tesla service date is almost 3 weeks out. Here is what I tried:
  1. Letting sit overnight
  2. Settings>Service>Camer Calibration> Clear Calibration..... Driving 20-40 miles and watching blue circle around steering wheel complete and calibration in progress message go away, but features still unavailable.
  3. Tried following instructions on this video from Youtube and cleared DAS but no luck either, same result after re-calibration.
I really hate to be without anything for 3+ weeks now, and was thinking to either re-downlaod the software option under service menus or re-install software and start from scratch. When I goto the reinstall software option though, it tells me that it should only be done after a ECU is replaced, but not a computer board and say it in red, so wondering if this is something to avoid? Anyone have any input or have had this problem nd can suggest which to try instead of being without to for 3 weeks?

Reinstalling software from Service menu is not recommended.
Make sure all cameras work by checking all 9 cameras Tesla Update 2023.20 Will Let You Preview All Nine of Tesla's Cameras [Video]
Keep in mind that autopilot only becomes available on the roads with clear road markings separating lanes.
I assume you did enable autopilot and accepted beta warnings?
If all fails then I would open a ticket with Tesla.
Yes, I did enable autopilot and reboot, and clear the DAS and re-calibrate. It appears I am running an older software though, as in the picture, anyway to force an uodate? I have it set for advanced but still dont get updates even connected to wifi overnight?

Also I seem to have a forward camera pitch error in service mode, see attached phots for software version and error message for pitch on front camera, yet the camera works and seems fine.

Attachments

• IMG_8247.jpeg
    IMG_8247.jpeg
    425.7 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_8246.jpeg
    IMG_8246.jpeg
    379.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_8248.jpeg
    IMG_8248.jpeg
    269 KB · Views: 94