Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cameras stop working intermitently

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My cameras suddently stopped working ie when reversing, when indicating and intermitently come back then go off again. I have done a reset, but it hasnt helped. Has anyone had this experience and do you have any advice to resolve it?
Thank you

My cameras suddently stopped working ie when reversing, when indicating and intermitently come back then go off again. I have done a reset, but it hasnt helped. Has anyone had this experience and do you have any advice to resolve it?
Thank you
You don't say what year or version your car is, so hard to tell, but note Tesla had a recall in the US for the rear camera failing due to the cable being worn down by the trunk:
Tesla Model 3 Recalled Because Trunk Can Cause Backup Camera to Fail

You may have to check if your car as an equivalent recall in your country.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem with my wife’s car. The right wing camera had stopped working, meaning that NoA also stopped working. (Although we could still initiate automatic lane changes). Tesla diagnosed the problem to be a faulty camera but it’s been more than a month now and we haven't had the new one installed.. In the end I just bought the replacement part on eBay and fitted it myself, worked like a dream.

Upvote 0