Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camp Mode - Do blackout kits exist for the windows?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DNSJames

Model X Refresh
Apr 29, 2022
St Augustine
I'm planning a trip next month in my refresh x and was wondering if anyone's found sunshades for the windows that block out 100% of light... for privacy? I have a good set of sunshades but they only block about 75% or so... which lets outsiders able to see in. I'm looking to cover 100% of the windows including the entire majestic front windshield (it's ok if it's two pieces).
Thoughts?

Maybe something like this? I have a set, they seem to work reasonably well although I haven't used them a whole lot. These are solid, not a mesh.

Bruce.

Heatshields do a good job of blocking the windows, and provide some insulation too.

I don't have the whole set and haven't used them for camping, but their Model X offerings are HERE.
These are what we've used many times over they years on our Model S cars and they work great! Big fan. The fit is perfect and you shouldn't even need to worry about the suction cups they include. That was our experience anyway. Great quality of life improvement if you plan to camp in your Tesla.