Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camp mode door lock illumination (Turn off)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When my 2022 Model Y is in Camp mode I'd like to find out how to turn off the door lock illumination.
The button to open the doors are illuminated when I am in Camp mode. Is there a way to turn them off?
I'd rather not have any lights on when I'm trying to go to sleep.

Reactions: Aqueum
When my 2022 Model Y is in Camp mode I'd like to find out how to turn off the door lock illumination.
The button to open the doors are illuminated when I am in Camp mode. Is there a way to turn them off?
I'd rather not have any lights on when I'm trying to go to sleep.
I would also love for this to be an option. I just went camping for the first time in my 2023 Model Y, and I was surprised by how many little lights on the door handles and the rear seat fold-down buttons in the truck are illuminated. I could not find a way to turn them off.

I do wish we had a "dark" camp mode.
I also find that turning off ambient lights is incomplete (switch indicators stay on) and after opening and closing doors they come back on despite the setting. A bit of a bug.
I have checked the wiring diagram on my 2023 Y and see that the rear hatch light is one a separate circuit to body controller left, so maybe Tesla could control it in software. Also, putting a switch inline, which I plan to do, should not affect the door switch sensing as it does on the side doors (at least it did in my Model 3)

Reactions: Aqueum