Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can’t add Driver to car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep getting this error. Anyway to contact Tesla to fix it? I can’t add my brother to the car.

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 10.59.06 AM.jpeg

Perhaps when tesla blacklisted you (per your information post here), they did something to your account? You will need to reach out to them and find out.

So I run a Turo business where I rent out Teslas. I buy many Teslas, and most of my renters end up buying my cars.

I got an email from Tesla today saying "Loss prevention team has informed me that we will have to black list you from further purchases. As it turns out, reselling vehicles is against the order agreement. Please note that this decision is final and we will be cancelling all pending orders."

Has anyone else ever experienced or heard of this?

Apparently Tesla is blacklisting families now. I was banned from buying Teslas because of my Turo business and now Tesla has banned my brother and father too. They have never sold a Tesla in their life. It said "BLACK LIST -- RESELLER" on their profile.

Tesla is not allowing me to buy any cars from them. They haven’t banned me from buying a Tesla third-party.

Also, I’m not sure why any of this has to do with me giving my brother access to drive my car.

They could have done something to your account, was my point. You will need to contact them to see why you cant do it.