Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can’t add second phone key

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good day,

Looking for anyone who has ever seen this as I can’t find anyone that has, Tesla are stumped.

Took delivery of the a MY today, first thing we did was try to add our phone keys. Mine had no problem but then my partner using my account went to add her phone key then it deleted my key and installed hers. I then added mine again and hers deleted, tried her own account for her app and same result. No errors are displayed.

We have tried rebooting and updating the car.

It’s been escalated in the service request but hoping someone out there has seen this before.

• Informative
Reactions: henderrj
It needs to know the difference (deferent settings) so if both you are in the car with your phones the one driving is assigned to the correct person. So you can't have 2 different people as if the same person.

Thanks for the reply guys,

Yeah we’ve tried different accounts, I sent her a text to invite her account to the car and still encounter the issue.

Have also tried airplane mode while the other phone adds key and then the next but still no difference.

Guess I might just need Tesla to figure this one out for themselves

Reactions: GtiMart