Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can’t check in on Plugshare

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the last week my Plugshare app has changed and I can no longer check in and state how long I will be there.

I now only get the options as per the picture. Does anyone know what’s going on?

Attachments

• IMG_1570.png
    IMG_1570.png
    165.2 KB · Views: 131
It’s by design https://x.com/plugshare/status/1699442540788019446?s=61

We are working on updating check-ins in PlugShare. This is one of the first changes you will notice. There are a lot more changes coming soon.

I emailed the app developers. Response was:
“From our latest update, we have made some adjustments to the number of choices users can pick when checking in. This was done to make it easier for a user to choose along with helping the scoring of a PlugScore.
Our team will be reviewing users comments and the interaction of the function. However, for now, we will not reinstate the 2 check in options at any time. We understand users use this as a way to give the time of charging, but this can be added to the comments of a check in.
If additional changes are made, we will inform users through patch notes, but plan to keep it this way for the time being. If you have any other questions, please let us know and we'll be happy to assist you.”

Charging now is back. That was a dumb thing to remove.
I doubt the relevance of plugshare anymore. They seems to be heading in their own direction rather than any useful direction for the EV community. I was previously a consistent user of plugshare but stopped checking in when they removed this button and have no intention of going back to check in again. The apps of the individual providers show chargers as up or down now anyway.

Reactions: B3AU and Erasmuz
I doubt the relevance of plugshare anymore. They seems to be heading in their own direction rather than any useful direction for the EV community. I was previously a consistent user of plugshare but stopped checking in when they removed this button and have no intention of going back to check in again. The apps of the individual providers show chargers as up or down now anyway.
Especially since Google Maps seems to have the same live availability as PlugShare anyway

I can no longer check in and state how long I will be there.

This is causing all the newbies in ATTO 3 and Model Y to add comments such as "Be here for 20 minutes" as they think this a valid comment, not realizing these messages are used to be auto generated by Plugshare when you could select how long your charging session would take.