Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can’t Decide On A Color

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have placed an order on 8/5 and EDD says January now. My order is a blue MYLR 7 seater with black interior. I’m seriously thinking of changing to MSM, but torn because you don’t see many blue ones on the road or at least I don’t.
To all the DBM and MSM owners, why did you choose your color and did you still like it once you took delivery?

Ditto. I was planning to buy the white and then go with a vinyl wrap to change the color as well but the $4,500+ for a custom color seemed a bit high for a color option so decided just to give in and get a tesla color.
The best base color for wraps is actually black. Unless you spend thousands of dollars extra for the wrap (on top of the normal wrap cost) to wrap every nook and cranny, the door interiors will be left in the base color which looks.... weird with white.

See screenshot from this video - attached: www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGkuXH7Y6Zg

Attachments

• white wrap.jpg
    white wrap.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 289
Upvote 0
I have placed an order on 8/5 and EDD says January now. My order is a blue MYLR 7 seater with black interior. I’m seriously thinking of changing to MSM, but torn because you don’t see many blue ones on the road or at least I don’t.
To all the DBM and MSM owners, why did you choose your color and did you still like it once you took delivery?
My M3 was MSM w/ white and my MY is MSM w/ black, love it and it holds up well. I actually ordered the Red w/ White MY originally for a change but they weren't shipping at the time so I switched and got this one within a week. Glad I did as I prefer the MSM now that I've seen both in person for quite a while now.

Upvote 0
I just placed a MY and a MS order yesterday in blue (i will have 5 months to decide which one I really want...basically....I know tesla said they are not going to change the yoke steering wheel, and if they don't, will cancel MS, but if they do, then will get an S (I already have a white MY)).

However....after seeing a M3 in blue today...I'm switching to MSM. Ideally I want something flashier in a blue color, like Rivian's blue. Tesla blue is a standard blue....but its also slightly iridescent or something so it can look purple in the sun. Don't like it anymore.

Upvote 0
Got blue and would get blue if i did it again. It is just amazing specially under the sun. Now if i am to get a second tesla, then i would go gray. It has that classy essence. Also i think it’ll be a good color combo in the garage 😛

Upvote 0
The best base color for wraps is actually black. Unless you spend thousands of dollars extra for the wrap (on top of the normal wrap cost) to wrap every nook and cranny, the door interiors will be left in the base color which looks.... weird with white.

See screenshot from this video - attached: www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGkuXH7Y6Zg
Rats. I was planning to go this route with the white MYP I just ordered, but I think you just convinced me to save my money. I do like MSM with the black wheels, but it feels silly to drop an extra $2k on what all amount to pretty boring colors, IMO.

Upvote 0
Black, gray or white. Meh. I think that's like 80% of all cars on the road. Not really a color, just degrees of blackness.

That leaves red and blue. I really don't want my car to stand out too much and I think red draws too much attention, especially from the police. My previous car was a Honda Accord Hybrid in blue and I really liked it. I'm quite happy with my blue Model Y. Black interior. Feels more luxurious. The white interior looks awesome in photos and to look at. But inside and driving it's a little too harsh and bright for my tastes.

Reactions: SpaceShipDrvr
Upvote 0
Black, gray or white. Meh. I think that's like 80% of all cars on the road. Not really a color, just degrees of blackness.

That leaves red and blue. I really don't want my car to stand out too much and I think red draws too much attention, especially from the police. My previous car was a Honda Accord Hybrid in blue and I really liked it. I'm quite happy with my blue Model Y. Black interior. Feels more luxurious. The white interior looks awesome in photos and to look at. But inside and driving it's a little too harsh and bright for my tastes.

I very much doubt the red is going to draw any attention from the police. Its such a standard color red (on the darker side), that it looks just like every other red honda crv, or rav 4, or hyundai, or whatever. The police are certainly not drawn more towards a red RAV4, and I doubt a red model y is any different. Its not a sportscar color red.

Reactions: Teledatageek
Upvote 0