Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can’t stop audio popup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

doghousePVD

My grandfather’s car
Dec 3, 2018
New England, USA
I do not want the audio control window to pop up automatically and block the map. It pops up starting the car and during driving.

If I wanted sound I know to to push the music icon. (I never want sound). How do I turn it off and stay off? I’ve muted the lower right icon, pushed the left steering wheel dial, closed the window, and pressed the two bar stop icon. It goes quiet or away for a while then comes back.

This is driving me cookoo. Half a dozen update ago it seemed to stay away most of the time. Not anymore. On the most current firmware.

• Love
Reactions: JHWJR
Oops, seems like I asked mostly the same question in another thread.

If you find a solution, I would love to know. The best workaround I've got is to just leave the rearview camera open all the time. But if I turn off the car without the camera, when I turn the car back on, the music app comes back! I would love some kind of option where we choose the default app (or choose nothing at all and get the map full screen every time).

Possible to change default touchscreen app?

Oops, seems like I asked mostly the same question in another thread.

If you find a solution, I would love to know. The best workaround I've got is to just leave the rearview camera open all the time. But if I turn off the car without the camera, when I turn the car back on, the music app comes back! I would love some kind of option where we choose the default app (or choose nothing at all and get the map full screen every time).

Possible to change default touchscreen app?
Try switching to a different source where it is paused instead of muted, then swipe it down. That MIGHT make it stay down (in v8 and presumably prior, you chose two apps or one fullscreen app, and IIRC, this wasn't a problem when you chose the fullscreen map option). I always have the energy consumption chart up, which has the same effect as always having the backup camera up, so I don't know if/how it has changed in v9, which saw no major changes toward v10 (nor can I be positive it wasn't a problem in v8). Another thing you might try is disabling automatic navigation and only using navigation when you need it. I'm not sure it will make a difference, but I can tell you when I have the audio bar set to the smallest size and I navigate, it always resets to the medium size at the destination, and I noticed this because I enabled automatic navigation when it was added (that's back off now).

I just hit the music icon at the bottom of the screen, and the music controls go away leaving only the map. Don’t know how to default it not coming up in the first place, but this gets rid of it and takes but a second. It stays down for me until I shut the car off.

Yes, this is annoying. Another thing that works is to close the music app, then open the telephone app. When you restart the car, now the telephone app pops up. Slightly less annoying.

Btw, is there something I have to do to see text messages? I can’t get them to show up on the latest software.