Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can’t Supercharge my prior total insurance loss MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any way of getting Supercharging abilities back on an insurance total loss Tesla?
I purchased a 2017 MS 75 in April of 2018 from an auction which had been in an accident, though it wasn’t bad enough to salvage the vehicle. This was a frustrating time for me, since Elon wasn’t able to fill the pre orders of the Model 3’s at the time, so it took 4 months to retrieve parts to rebuild it. I used a private party mechanic, who is Audi certified to repair the car. I was able to purchase all the parts from Tesla Service Center, as parts became available. I was told prior to purchase from the service center that the car would have warranty and all supercharging. Of course the warranty promise didn’t happen, and I am unable to Supercharge. I paid the $500, to the Tesla service center to have the car recertified, but this only allows me to get updates, remove the speed limiter of 85mph, and allow me to take the car to the service center for repairs at cost. Prior to them recertifying my car, I had to have it inspected by an authorized Tesla body shop. I asked Tesla if I could pay something to regain Supercharging ability, though I was told that it isn’t possible. I did borrow a chademo charging adaptor to test whether it would work, which it did. Is there a way of getting a hack to allow supercharging? I friend had to pay to get 3rd party software updates on his prior salvage MS since Tesla wouldn’t recertify his car. Any advise is greatly appreciated