Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can 12 volt outlet handle 15 amps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used this one all the time in my 3 without any issues. My wife's car has a slow leaker and its just easier to open my car vs start her ICE. I like that you can set it to a certain PSI and it'll auto turn off when it gets there. Even when it sits unplugged, it still remembers that setting.

AstroAI Air Compressor Tire Inflator, Portable Air Pump for Car Tires 12V DC Auto Tire Pump with Digital Pressure Gauge, 100PSI with Emergency LED Light for Car, Bicycle and Other Inflatables
by AstroAI Corporation
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QR4Q42L/

I used this one all the time in my 3 without any issues. My wife's car has a slow leaker and its just easier to open my car vs start her ICE. I like that you can set it to a certain PSI and it'll auto turn off when it gets there. Even when it sits unplugged, it still remembers that setting.

AstroAI Air Compressor Tire Inflator, Portable Air Pump for Car Tires 12V DC Auto Tire Pump with Digital Pressure Gauge, 100PSI with Emergency LED Light for Car, Bicycle and Other Inflatables
by AstroAI Corporation
Learn more: Amazon.com
I have this same air compressor. However, the plug does not stay in the socket. Did you experience this problem? I haven’t been able to use it. Any problem with the fuse? I have a 2020 M3 SR+. Thanks.

by AstroAI Corporation
Learn more: Amazon.com

I have this same air compressor. However, the plug does not stay in the socket. Did you experience this problem? I haven’t been able to use it. Any problem with the fuse? I have a 2020 M3 SR+. Thanks.
As a follow-up to this comment, the problem was with the fuse. It must have blown when I immediately tried using the compressor the first time. I replaced the fuse and the device worked beautifully. Well worth not using a grungy air compressor at an ICE station.