Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can a dying 12v battery cause a VCfront A552 and others?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

My Nov 2018 model 3 is on its original 12v battery. Not a bad run!
I just got the 12v dying warning (VCFRONT A182 - schedule service to replace lv battery), but it comes along with a few others (parking brake degraded), including a nasty looking VCFRONT A552 - Condition detected with a vehicle controller.
I'm hoping that the vehicle controller issue is *due to* the battery being low, and I can swap the batt and be good (going to swing by the SC tomorrow to get a new battery and DIY install since a mobile visit isn't available till Friday).
I'm wondering if anyone has any insight into this, is it reasonable to assume these errors came about this way, or is it more likely that an issue with the VC front module is killing the LV batt, and I've got a more serious problem?

Thanks

Hi all,

My Nov 2018 model 3 is on its original 12v battery. Not a bad run!
I just got the 12v dying warning (VCFRONT A182 - schedule service to replace lv battery), but it comes along with a few others (parking brake degraded), including a nasty looking VCFRONT A552 - Condition detected with a vehicle controller.
I'm hoping that the vehicle controller issue is *due to* the battery being low, and I can swap the batt and be good (going to swing by the SC tomorrow to get a new battery and DIY install since a mobile visit isn't available till Friday).
I'm wondering if anyone has any insight into this, is it reasonable to assume these errors came about this way, or is it more likely that an issue with the VC front module is killing the LV batt, and I've got a more serious problem?

Thanks
Hope yours' is different. I just had my vcfront module replaced on my 18 Model 3 because it turned out to be bad. My 12 volt was only a couple of months old. Good luck.

FYI I had the battery replaced and all issues resolved. No problem with VCfront apparently.
Thank you for updating, had the same thing happen to me today. No service appointments for a week and a half, so headed to the SC to pickup a battery tomorrow.

IMG_2071.jpeg