Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can AMG or M-series do electric?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What if one day Mercedes AMG or BMW M-series cars did a full on electric car? I love the looks of the cars, but after driving a Tesla, I don't like the way gas cars drive. My mom has the Mercedes GLC AMG Edition 1, it looks like a car from Forza Horizon 4. But I drove it a few times, I get fatigue more easily doing long drives because the engine is loud. It looks cool, but that car is slow compared to a Model X, which I have test drove before. Model X, for a huge car, just goes fast like nothing is holding it back. Big performance SUV gas cars just makes a ton of noise to go slow. My dad also had a G-wagon few years ago, that car is slow as hell and feels heavy to drive. Model X, its big, but it drives so effortlessly.

The Tesla is the only car I can drive from OC to LA without really worrying about getting tired from driving. Probably because I have autopilot so I can just turn that on and just sit in the car like no big deal. And also electric is so smooth you don't get that car sickness like you do in gas based cars. And I can easily challenge any bad ass car that is trying to show off and go fast. I once saw a group of modded Porsches pass by me, and I showed them up and caught up with them in a Tesla Model 3.

I'm just wondering what the point of buying an AMG or M-series car if you can put that money towards a Tesla and get a much faster car. Or quicker car. I love the design of the new CLA AMG hatchback, but I wish that design could be in an electric car. I'm hoping one day Mercedes or BMW will release a version of an electric car that can wear the AMG or M-series badge. But I don't know if fans will want an electric version since these badges came from performance engine design, and gearheads think like electric is souless or fake.

I gotta give it to you OP. Your trolling skills are top-notch.
I don't even understand how this is trolling.

I was just at Logan Paul's house yesterday, which has nothing to do with Tesla, but I'm a troll though so who cares.

I made a video of Logan Paul's dog (Broley Blue) drinking water. Like this is the world's most famous internet dog.

At least Logan Paul is alot nicer than Elon Musk. Elon Musk has armed security guards who won't even allow one uninvited person to attend his car reveals, while the most famous YouTuber gives no *sugar* if I came to his house party without an invite.

I was just at Logan Paul's house yesterday,

Buster sez: “Who the eff is Logan Paul and why should I care?”

2F8C23CD-5F5B-491B-A948-DEA0FF6458A3.jpeg

Reactions: Uncle Don
Buster sez: “Who the eff is Logan Paul and why should I care?”

View attachment 417852

What kind of person on the internet doesn't know who Logan Paul is? Jake Paul has a Tesla though, I also went to his house party.
People who should care about Logan Paul:
People who’s balls haven’t dropped.

People who shouldn’t care about Logan Paul:
People’s who’s balls have dropped.

Damn, and I thought hanging out at the world's most famous YouTube star was going to make me the most popular guy on the Tesla forum. But instead I just get insulted :(.

What if one day Mercedes AMG or BMW M-series cars did a full on electric car? I love the looks of the cars, but after driving a Tesla, I don't like the way gas cars drive. My mom has the Mercedes GLC AMG Edition 1, it looks like a car from Forza Horizon 4. But I drove it a few times, I get fatigue more easily doing long drives because the engine is loud. It looks cool, but that car is slow compared to a Model X, which I have test drove before. Model X, for a huge car, just goes fast like nothing is holding it back. Big performance SUV gas cars just makes a ton of noise to go slow. My dad also had a G-wagon few years ago, that car is slow as hell and feels heavy to drive. Model X, its big, but it drives so effortlessly.

The Tesla is the only car I can drive from OC to LA without really worrying about getting tired from driving. Probably because I have autopilot so I can just turn that on and just sit in the car like no big deal. And also electric is so smooth you don't get that car sickness like you do in gas based cars. And I can easily challenge any bad ass car that is trying to show off and go fast. I once saw a group of modded Porsches pass by me, and I showed them up and caught up with them in a Tesla Model 3.

I'm just wondering what the point of buying an AMG or M-series car if you can put that money towards a Tesla and get a much faster car. Or quicker car. I love the design of the new CLA AMG hatchback, but I wish that design could be in an electric car. I'm hoping one day Mercedes or BMW will release a version of an electric car that can wear the AMG or M-series badge. But I don't know if fans will want an electric version since these badges came from performance engine design, and gearheads think like electric is souless or fake.

You sound like an angry teenager.

What kind of person on the internet doesn't know who Logan Paul is? Jake Paul has a Tesla though, I also went to his house party.

Damn, and I thought hanging out at the world's most famous YouTube star was going to make me the most popular guy on the Tesla forum. But instead I just get insulted :(.

Maybe a guy who built the Internet? Any idea who Vint Cerf is?

Funniest guy I ever read on the WWW was Mirsky. Go look him up - I’m sure his site is still indexed in AltaVista.

Can they? Maybe, but it will not be optimized as a BEV therefore won't be competitive, so you wouldn't want it.

Will they? Probably not, since it appears they've realized that building a competitive BEV is a ground-up design process.

I think most Teslas outperform most standard AMG / M-series cars in the same price range. Also if you floor the gas on a gas based car, even AMG, it lags and you just get a very jumpy start. Tesla, you can floor it and actually go.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
I don't even understand how this is trolling.

I was just at Logan Paul's house yesterday, which has nothing to do with Tesla, but I'm a troll though so who cares.

I made a video of Logan Paul's dog (Broley Blue) drinking water. Like this is the world's most famous internet dog.

At least Logan Paul is alot nicer than Elon Musk. Elon Musk has armed security guards who won't even allow one uninvited person to attend his car reveals, while the most famous YouTuber gives no *sugar* if I came to his house party without an invite.

This is what is wrong with the world today(well at least one thing). Who gives a damn who Logan Paul is and even more so who gives a f$@k enough to watch his damn dog drink water on some video on YouTube. Get a damn life.

I think most Teslas outperform most standard AMG / M-series cars in the same price range. Also if you floor the gas on a gas based car, even AMG, it lags and you just get a very jumpy start. Tesla, you can floor it and actually go.
Why say “floor the gas on a gas based car”. Do you think it’s still referred to as a “gas pedal” on an electric car. Yes. Think about it.......man that’s wild.......

Son, you need to learn how to read a crowd.

The 35-70 demographic do not follow YouTube stars who cater to prepubescent children.

Popularity around these parts is received by providing useful information to owners.

While MKBHD is pretty young, his content caters more to the technology and geek demographic.