Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

can an existing solaredge inverter be upgraded to add the EV charging feature?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am trying to determine the same thing. On solar edge website the ev inverter is a product but also requires a ev charging kit. Comes in 3.8,5,6,7.6 (and I saw a 11 one on a vendors site)inverter flavors. All seem to require the kit. This charge rate is limited to 7.6kwh. Now on the Solar edge website they also show a ev charger that can be wired into a inverter or plug, this ev charger can charge upto 9.6kwh.

So I am trying to determine the same thing. On solar edge website the ev inverter is a product but also requires a ev charging kit. Comes in 3.8,5,6,7.6 (and I saw a 11 one on a vendors site)inverter flavors. All seem to require the kit. This charge rate is limited to 7.6kwh. Now on the Solar edge website they also show a ev charger that can be wired into a inverter or plug, this ev charger can charge upto 9.6kwh.

Got a link. The picture I show was just the 25 foot cable that connected to the bottom of the inverter. I was told from my installer if I wanted it would be 1K more money, and this would be out of my pocket.

I looked in to this before I placed my order last July, as it would have been cool to replace my existing Juicebox Pro 40a with an all in one box, but as posted above, it would have cost a lot, almost as much as a new Tesla Wall Connector so I decided against it in the end. It's just an additional cable I think as long as the model of inverter you have is on the list.