Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

can anyone enhance this photo?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
can anyone enhance this photo trying to get a license plate of a car that hit me
Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 6.03.07 PM.png

can anyone enhance this photo trying to get a license plate of a car that hit meView attachment 898294
If you post the source clip, there are frame averaging techniques that can possibly be done (frame stepping can also find the best frame, which might not be the one you selected). If you reported this to police, some police departments have software that can do this too (although they might not use it for cases that only involve property damage).

This is the best I can do with level adjustment and also stacking the different channels.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 6.03.07 PM_levels.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 6.03.07 PM_levels.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 122
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 6.03.07 PM_stack.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 6.03.07 PM_stack.png
    2 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
uploaded the video here if anyone can try and get the plate vimeo.com/user193048705
I would suggest something like Google Drive or Dropbox that doesn't recompress the video (including for the view others suggested). Just looking at bitrates of the downloaded file it seemed to be have been recompressed significantly. Already working with compression artifacts, adding more on top just makes things that much harder.

Reactions: father_of_6
BTW I think it's incredible that my phone 15 years ago had a higher resolution camera. Higher res camera sensors are cheap and they can use binning for vision, but save in full resolution for dashcam.
The sensor chosen was not optimized for dashcam usage, dashcam was just an addon function. There were much better dashcams even when the feature was introduced.

Reactions: android04
I would suggest something like Google Drive or Dropbox that doesn't recompress the video (including for the view others suggested). Just looking at bitrates of the downloaded file it seemed to be have been recompressed significantly. Already working with compression artifacts, adding more on top just makes things that much harder.

I thought that's why he uploaded it to Vimeo, which supports high quality video. But he needs to set it up to work... I agree it's best to upload it as the files, not to a video service.

I thought that's why he uploaded it to Vimeo, which supports high quality video. But he needs to set it up to work... I agree it's best to upload it as the files, not to a video service.
Doesn't matter how high quality it supports, most video services recompress after you upload, and that is bound to add artifacts given none of them use lossless compression. A file share service however keeps it the same. Basically the file should be identical to the one you uploaded.

Doesn't matter how high quality it supports, most video services recompress after you upload, and that is bound to add artifacts given none of them use lossless compression. A file share service however keeps it the same. Basically the file should be identical to the one you uploaded.
We agreed about uploading the files directly. But I must correct you - Vimeo is not like "most" video services - you can upload uncompressed video and set it up not to add any processing. That is why Vimeo is used by most video professionals for short movies etc. It is probably not what was done by the uploader in this case, but it's good to know such services exists, and YouTube is not the only game in town.