Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can anyone talk me into spending this much on me rotors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all!
I seem to have lost my passenger side rear brake pad and I need new rotors.

I live near rainy Seattle and' Im looking forward to better initial breaking with new pads and rotors all around.

I'm tempted by these rotors but they are expensive. Could they possibly be worth it?

What's my next best choice?

I've initially decided on carbotech 1521 brake pads. Any better choice for rainy Seattle area?
Thank you!
Gary

Gary,

I think this is a good option.
Titanium Dave I believe makes these, he has made upgraded parts for the Roadster in the past and does a lot of Porsche stuff. Very well known in the forums.
These are available from a shop near you:

Gary,

I think this is a good option.
Titanium Dave I believe makes these, he has made upgraded parts for the Roadster in the past and does a lot of Porsche stuff. Very well known in the forums.
These are available from a shop near you:

I looked at those first. I'm sure they are fantastic but worth it?
I have limited funds to put towards my Roadster so I have to choose the biggest bang for my bucks.

Unless someone can show me some performance data I think I'm going to go with these rotors.
Ebc USR1070
What do you think?

Gary:
I added a first-generation set of Titanium Dave's rotors with Carbotec AX6 brake pads back in 2015. It was one of the best performance upgrades that I have added to the car. This brake rotor/pad combination works much better than the stock brakes in both wet and dry conditions. I hope that helps.

I looked at those first. I'm sure they are fantastic but worth it?
I have limited funds to put towards my Roadster so I have to choose the biggest bang for my bucks.

Unless someone can show me some performance data I think I'm going to go with these rotors.
Ebc USR1070
What do you think?
I do not have them on my car, but its considered an upgrade performance wise, if you want better stopping power and track use thats a good, but expensive way to go.
If you are only looking to replace what you currently have and are happy with the performance, then you can go another route, if you want to upgrade, titanium dave is a very good option. As with all things you get what you pay for.

Reactions: Gabner
Hello all!
I seem to have lost my passenger side rear brake pad and I need new rotors.

I live near rainy Seattle and' Im looking forward to better initial breaking with new pads and rotors all around.

I'm tempted by these rotors but they are expensive. Could they possibly be worth it?

What's my next best choice?

I've initially decided on carbotech 1521 brake pads. Any better choice for rainy Seattle area?
Thank you!
Gary
Have you tried asking local tesla SC if they have OEM to keep it stocked? I was part of the group buy for Dave’s rotors but came to the conclusion that I don’t push the car enough to need the last milla-second stop.

Reactions: OakvilleMYP
The critical benefit of Dave's rotors for me is that they don't rust like the OEM rotors do. The OEM rotors will get a coating of rust with even the slightest moisture, making for a heart-stopping delay in the brakes grabbing until the pads scrape it off. If your heart is still working after that, they work as designed and all is more or less well. I upgraded to Dave's set and have been very happy with the lack of rust, and overall resulting performance.

Reactions: edable and Peter.h
Yeah that would be huge here in Seattle.
The TD rotors aren't hard on the eyes either. :)

I've had the lotus Elise as a daily driver for 10 years before the Tesla. it's always had the same problem and I've grown pretty accustomed to cleaning my brakes on my way out the cul-de-sac.

The EBC rotors rust a lot less than the stock ones. I only see slight rust if they get splashed directly with water. But the slots are the reason different rotors help in the initial breaking. The OEM drilled rotors just dont have a path for the contaminants to escape.

Reactions: Gabner