Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can bears sniff through the car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Colorado campground has warning of not leaving food in the car and there's bear proof food locker. Can bears sniff through the car if the portable refrigerator is inside the trunk well? :cool: o_O
Clearly yes!

I was working on a hill top above above Porter Ranch CA. Someone left their ice chest in the truck with a half eaten sandwich Over the weekend a bear ripped the door off the truck to get to the sealed ice chest. After eating the sandwich, the bear took a crap in the seat.

The name of the company was BCI. After this incident everyone referred to BCI as Bear Crap Incorporated.

I live north of Lake Tahoe, and about once every two weeks someone post a neighborhood video of a bear breaking into a car because of something as innocuous as a candy wrapper. They’ve learned to open cars with their door handles, so many people lock their cars at night. I’ve always wondered if Teslas are immune due to their inset handles. Around here, at least, I’m not aware of bears breaking windows out ripping off doors, but we just have smaller black beats that have lots of options

They go up wind to the source. Most of the time cars don't smell as good as trash or dead stuff.
Sprinkle pepper in the area and they'll avoid it until the weather takes it away.
Menty toothpaste has an intoxicating aroma that sends them into a frenzy.

Last edited: