Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can delivery date change once you have selected payment method?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings,
Just want to ask if delivery date can be change. I got my email saying if payment make today I can get my car on 12/14, but I need to change delivery date to a later day. I can’t get a hold of my advisor. Also I have no VIN either (is that normal?). I want to make sure before I submit my payment. If anyone know please share. Thank you.

I chose not to pay ahead of time (because I want to inspect the car first). I am paying with a bank draft for my loan and a cashiers check for my down payment. I was assured several times by my Owner advisor (and a manager at the tesla store as well) that this would be fine.

Others also say that they have paid with a check on delivery. Every other car company you get to inspect your car before you actually sign papers to take it, so I dont think tesla is treating it any different.

I doubt everyone will be allowed to write a personal check... but I also think that they wont balk at anyone paying in person rather than wiring money ahead of time.

On your other question, I was told that, once they assign a vin to you, you only have 7 days to pick it up before they unassign it from you and to someone else.

You likely DO have a vin assigned, you likely just cant see it, because I believe they dont unblock the vin in your account until 7 days out from delivery (which you are farther out than). You can ask to move the date, but if its as I suspect and you have a VIN you just cant see, you may not be able to move it. You need to get ahold of your delivery person if you can.

Have you uploaded existing insurance. For me they were withholding VIN because of it. When I reached delivery advisor they requested existing insurance (without tesla) and then provided VIN in revised MVPA by email.
I’ve uploaded my insurance, they just waiting for payment. I told them instead of loan I’ll just pay it off.

I chose not to pay ahead of time (because I want to inspect the car first). I am paying with a bank draft for my loan and a cashiers check for my down payment. I was assured several times by my Owner advisor (and a manager at the tesla store as well) that this would be fine.

Others also say that they have paid with a check on delivery. Every other car company you get to inspect your car before you actually sign papers to take it, so I dont think tesla is treating it any different.

I doubt everyone will be allowed to write a personal check... but I also think that they wont balk at anyone paying in person rather than wiring money ahead of time.

On your other question, I was told that, once they assign a vin to you, you only have 7 days to pick it up before they unassign it from you and to someone else.

You likely DO have a vin assigned, you likely just cant see it, because I believe they dont unblock the vin in your account until 7 days out from delivery (which you are farther out than). You can ask to move the date, but if its as I suspect and you have a VIN you just cant see, you may not be able to move it. You need to get ahold of your delivery person if you can.
Omg thank you! I was about to pay, and I really want to see it first before I pay. From the way my advisor told me if they don’t get payment or loan they won’t deliver my car. So I decided to borrow from family to just pay off. It’s been a day and call or email from my advisor.

Keep in mind the web site "pressures" you into paying early. You don't have to and it really has not affected delivery dates (yet).
Sounds a bit sleazier than even recently. They may favor folks paying early down to the end of year finish line. But based on posts they have not been that backed up on deliveries.

Inspect first. Pay after.

I am new here on the tesla site (and to tesla) but not new to car forums. I have been hammering this forum in knowledge gathering mode for myself. Wanted to put that out there so you know I am not a "vet" here but I have read a lot.

From what I remember reading, there is some way to show the vin by looking at browser code. you also might be able to see it if you put a wall charger in your cart on the tesla store, and start the check out process (but dont do it unless thats what you wanted). See if it shows you a vin that way.

As far as communication, My experience has been STELLAR, but this is a "people" thing. I called down to the tesla store last monday and happened to get one of the managers at the store who was very enthusiastic. I was calling to schedule a test drive. During the call, we chatted, and I told him that I was considering tesla coming from BMW. This particular manager was a long time BMW driver before working for tesla. We bonded (strangely enough, talking about BMWs and him telling me how great the Model 3 was).

I asked him to arrange for me to get a "good salesperson who could put up with all my questions". When I showed up, the manager introduced me to my Owner Advisor, who was great on the test drive and has been AWESOME in follow up. The few times I had an issue that the OA didnt get back to me in the time I wanted, I texted this manager and he contacted me back.

So, My experience so far may not have been "normal" but for me, it has been better than I expected given the feedback here.

I am new here on the tesla site (and to tesla) but not new to car forums. I have been hammering this forum in knowledge gathering mode for myself. Wanted to put that out there so you know I am not a "vet" here but I have read a lot.

From what I remember reading, there is some way to show the vin by looking at browser code. you also might be able to see it if you put a wall charger in your cart on the tesla store, and start the check out process (but dont do it unless thats what you wanted). See if it shows you a vin that way.

As far as communication, My experience has been STELLAR, but this is a "people" thing. I called down to the tesla store last monday and happened to get one of the managers at the store who was very enthusiastic. I was calling to schedule a test drive. During the call, we chatted, and I told him that I was considering tesla coming from BMW. This particular manager was a long time BMW driver before working for tesla. We bonded (strangely enough, talking about BMWs and him telling me how great the Model 3 was).

I asked him to arrange for me to get a "good salesperson who could put up with all my questions". When I showed up, the manager introduced me to my Owner Advisor, who was great on the test drive and has been AWESOME in follow up. The few times I had an issue that the OA didnt get back to me in the time I wanted, I texted this manager and he contacted me back.

So, My experience so far may not have been "normal" but for me, it has been better than I expected given the feedback here.
Thank you for the tip. I will try it. My experience with Tesla employees has been fine, just the lack of communication from the company is nerve-racking.

OP, I got a text message just now confirming my appointment tomorrow to pick up my Model 3 Performance (yay!). The text covered payment, and said "the easiest method is to make an online payment through your Mytesla account, though we do accept cashiers and personal checks as well"

So, thats from my delivery center today, 12/03 so you should be fine paying in person.

OP, I got a text message just now confirming my appointment tomorrow to pick up my Model 3 Performance (yay!). The text covered payment, and said "the easiest method is to make an online payment through your Mytesla account, though we do accept cashiers and personal checks as well"

So, thats from my delivery center today, 12/03 so you should be fine paying in person.
Did you select payment as cash?
ヽ(*⌒▽⌒*)ノ yay!!! Congratulations!!

Update:
So I called Tesla, and spoke to a different advisor. This advisor send me my #VIN (Yay!!), stated that as long as I pay 72 hours prior to home delivery I’ll get my car. I’ve asked for delivery at service center and a different date. He say that won’t be an issue, and it’s better that way. Because if I take delivery at the center, I can see my car and do inspections prior to payment. This advisor say he will notified my current advisor to arrange for delivery date. So all is good. I think...