Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I buy genuine parts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm surprised to see that Lithuania is actually listed, with "local" phone number. Called it just to check, and the usual english-speaking support guy has answered. He claimed they would actually come and bring the car to Poland if it's still under warranty. I really hope he meant it.
As I mentioned, in the US, if you are within 500 miles of a service center and the car is completely undrivable, they will do that. However for issues where the car can still be driven, you are expected to bring the car to them.

There is also Mobile Service, where they go to you to fix the issue, but that is for more minor issues and only if you are nearby a SC (which you are not).

I have read around and yes, they promise 500 miles or 800km, but elsewhere they state only if there's a SC in that country. But the guy on phone said yeah we would bring it to Poland.
Anyway, failing bearing does not make your car not drivable. You can drive it, it gets hot and destroys other components, like brake caliper, CV joint, shock perhaps. And in severe cases you can lose the wheel.
All in all not sure what they would decide in actual situation.

By the way my car has developed a rattle in front suspension now, looks like it's going out of my pocket again. So much for the warranty.

Well, never buy a car in a non supported country by the vendor.
It is the same for Tesla or for a Bentley.

That is why I avoided buying a Tesla until my country was officially supported with a local shop and service centre.

Everything else is calling for trouble. Car is an expensive and complex preposition which needs complex support. It is not the same as buying an iPhone.

Reactions: THEbuz