Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I charge my p85d model s with this hookup?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8CDB5715-7803-48EE-B9BA-50ACD08BABA5.png
The hotel has zero info on compatibility. Thanks

Yeah, you could, but it wouldn't charge much, you being at 94%. I'd wait until I was below 80% and then just go up to 90% charge. No need to overcharge. And I'd charge at superchargers instead of paying exorbitant prices for a few amps at a pay charger. As there are many, many superchargers all around San Francisco/Bay area/Marin/etc., just hit one of them on your way here or there. I can't tell if you're on a trip or something, but with 94%, I'd guess you've already answered your question by charging there, or you don't need a charge. As there are superchargers about every hundred miles or so, it shouldn't be a problem. Even if you have to make a long jump of 200 miles plus, if you'd bought range you wouldn't be worrying.

OP is definitely traveling - most likely is NOT in SF bc he's traveling from home. Most likely looking to charge his car overnight at the hotel and avoid a trip to a supercharger.
yes, OP, that Clipper Creek charger will definitely work with your car - just use the j1772 adapter that was included when you took delivery. The rate of charge is unpredictable: most likely is 200V (not 240) and amps could be anywhere from 20 to 50.. most likely 30 wich would give you a 6kw rate of charge or 18 miles of range per hour

OP is definitely traveling - most likely is NOT in SF bc he's traveling from home. Most likely looking to charge his car overnight at the hotel and avoid a trip to a supercharger.
yes, OP, that Clipper Creek charger will definitely work with your car - just use the j1772 adapter that was included when you took delivery. The rate of charge is unpredictable: most likely is 200V (not 240) and amps could be anywhere from 20 to 50.. most likely 30 wich would give you a 6kw rate of charge or 18 miles of range per hour
Perfect thank you. I’m not sure why others were assuming I wasn’t traveling.... I’m definitely asking this question because I’ve planned a trip down south later this month and this hotel is an option. Now I know it’s a great option. -Will charge overnight and be ready to travel again fully charged in the morning!

Yeah, you could, but it wouldn't charge much, you being at 94%.
(@roblab , you may have been joking?... I'm pretty sure the "94%" pertains to his phone screenshot, not his car.)
I'm really certain that is not joking. I can't count how many times people have posted screen shots from their phones, and someone has thought that battery % at the top meant it was for the car.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA and tubaprde
The rate of charge is unpredictable: most likely is 200V (not 240) and amps could be anywhere from 20 to 50.. most likely 30 wich would give you a 6kw rate of charge or 18 miles of range per hour

Yep, though most of the time, the details will be on Plugshare.com (plus notes if recent users had any problems with the equipment at that location). It's worth bookmarking the site and downloading their app on your smartphone.