Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I delay delivery after ordering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am planning to order a Model S today for Sept. delivery but I would rather have Oct. My concern is making sure to qualify for the $7500 federal deduction since we do not yet know if Tesla has/will hit 200K in the 2nd or 3rd quarter. I would hate to schedule Oct. up front and then find out they hit the 200K in Q2, not Q3. I also do not want to schedule to close to year end and chance it going into 2019.

The plan is to order for Sept. delivery and as soon as we know for sure 200K is hit in July I would change the delivery to Oct. Is this a workable plan?

I had a referral code already, but thanks. Owner advisor will try to delay delivery into Oct. but feels like the end of Q3 because they generally do not allow delays past a quarter end. I have some very good personal reasons so hopefully, they will make an exception.

In any case, I have lifetime free supercharging and no internet cost.

I am planning to order a Model S today for Sept. delivery but I would rather have Oct. My concern is making sure to qualify for the $7500 federal deduction since we do not yet know if Tesla has/will hit 200K in the 2nd or 3rd quarter. I would hate to schedule Oct. up front and then find out they hit the 200K in Q2, not Q3. I also do not want to schedule to close to year end and chance it going into 2019.

The plan is to order for Sept. delivery and as soon as we know for sure 200K is hit in July I would change the delivery to Oct. Is this a workable plan?
If they don't hit 200,000 before July 1, then the rebate will be fully available through the end of the year. Credit stays in place for the remainder of the quarter, plus the next quarter. The quarter after that is at 50%.

The Advisor stated they “almost never” approve a delay beyond a quarter. Since I ordered in June I guess Sept. is a full quarter more or less. Advisor promised to email me when she had an answer.

BTW, The Rocklin center was crazy busy today. Glad I am not shorting TSLA

• Informative
Reactions: xyeahtony