Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I rotate staggered offset tires front and back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Newbie question here.
I have a set of wheels that are ET22 fronts ET12 rears. Then decided to switch to a new set of wheels with same ET all around. I recall someone telling me I can’t rotate it front and back but I don’t see any reason not able to.

I have a set of wheels that are ET22 fronts ET12 rears. Then decided to switch to a new set of wheels with same ET all around. I recall someone telling me I can’t rotate it front and back but I don’t see any reason not able to.

You are not providing enough information for us to answer your question. The devil is in the deatils.
What exact wheel sizes are you running front/back?
What exact tire sizes are you running front/back?
Is the suspension stock, or modified in any way.

The short answer to your question is - try it, and see what happens. It should be super easy to rotate wheels on one side of the car.
And you will get your answer faster than waiting for strangers to opine on the internet!

HTH,
a

Upvote 0
A staggered tire setup is one in which the front and rear tires are different sizes. With limited exceptions, a staggered tire setup typically includes larger width rear tires, and narrower front. They also include tires whose overall diameter of the front tires is typically smaller then the rears.

These tires cannot be rotated front to back, only from side to side (assuming they are not also directional)

Reactions: ColoradoMike
Upvote 0