Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I strap down an E-scooter in trunk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model Y performance but it's hard to accelerate without fear that I forgot I had something in the trunk that goes flying around. The Tesla Model Y is fast enough to throw my Segway E-scooter around that sometimes it hits the back of the trunk or if I brake too hard it slams into the front seats. I wish there was a way to strap down heavy items in the Tesla because any sudden movement things go flying everywhere. I have ratchet straps but I never found any anchor points in the back of the Tesla Model Y.

Sometimes Tesla are too fast that your stuff flies everywhere.

I wish there was a way to strap down heavy items in the Tesla because any sudden movement things go flying everywhere.
I have ratchet straps but I never found any anchor points in the back of the Tesla Model Y.

@JetFalcon I think you really have a point:

Tesla could have easily added some anchors points to allow carring safely bulky items in the trunk,
something commonly found on major European station wagons.

However, below the trunk cover, it seems easy to find some existing bolts that could be used to install some anchor points.

See this youtube video

There are also some previous TMC threads talking about carring a spare tire:

Against, when designing the future most sold vehicule worldwide, Tesla could had easilly design the trunk to securely carry a spare tire.
Considering that the Model 3/Y would be sold from Alaska to Australia where drivers would be miles away from any Service Centers.