Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can owners that purchased $2K AP confirm if Auto Lane Change is included please?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. So disappointed to read this. Without auto lane change the autopilot is useless. Has anyone gotten a refund? I sent a note to Telsa today. When they give you a free trial of EAP that has something and then you purchase EAP later that doesn't include it, that is misleading.

Reactions: Mdoss
Wow. So disappointed to read this. Without auto lane change the autopilot is useless. Has anyone gotten a refund? I sent a note to Telsa today. When they give you a free trial of EAP that has something and then you purchase EAP later that doesn't include it, that is misleading.

The old EAP and the new (cheaper) AP are two different bundles.
The Auto Lane Change is included with EAP, but not with “basic” AP.
EAP is no longer available for purchase.

Welcome to the forum!

For those of you who have paid or bought the vehicle expecting auto lane change either because of the Tesla rep’s misinformation or the vehicle’s user manual (which is usually a legally binding document), please keep this company accountable and consider a class action lawsuit. There are numerous owners that are out $2k-$5k because of misinformation. One owner needs to take a lead as plaintiff and everyone else can join the class action. I don’t think it is too fair for a company to overpromise and over charge and under deliver.

For those of you who have paid or bought the vehicle expecting auto lane change either because of the Tesla rep’s misinformation or the vehicle’s user manual (which is usually a legally binding document), please keep this company accountable and consider a class action lawsuit. There are numerous owners that are out $2k-$5k because of misinformation. One owner needs to take a lead as plaintiff and everyone else can join the class action. I don’t think it is too fair for a company to overpromise and over charge and under deliver.

The manual always made clear ALC was a part of enhanced AP.... which isn't what anybody bought in the last couple of months- so that's not, at all, the basis of any lawsuit.

Now by all means if you got something in writing from someone at Tesla saying you got ALC with your car that may well be worth perusing.... as long as you opted out of the otherwise binding clause in the purchase agreement saying you waived any right to sue in favor of arbitration.... you did opt out of that, right?