Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can PW2s be 70 feet from the main panel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really appreciate the info, getting excited!

With 2 PWs, will they need to run 2 separate parallel cables or just one? Thanks.
They should be able to run the wiring for the two Powerwalls in one conduit. Depending on how you want it, the could run it inside or outside... or even in the walls.

Attachments

• 20190712_165513.jpg
    20190712_165513.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 81
You could have a sub panel that both powerwalls feed into that is then combined into one larger feed then run that to the main. I am not an electrician, but I don't see why you can't do that. It's probably cheaper to just make two runs to the main, though. Most electricians like to charge a lot for a new sub panel.

Thanks folks.. I hope they don’t want much more to put them In the garage. It is already $$$, seems that they want to charge a lot so the tax credit is large. Everybody wins!??? State rebate is pretty big while current tier lasts so yay for that.

The main reason is that the panel is on my bedroom wall and I would like to be away from the PW2 electrical and acoustic noise. I don’t see how it complicates whole house backup. Also, they would look cool alongside the car.
They don't make much noise. Some fan whirring. I'm not sure about electrical noise. But if you're willing to pay a little more for the pleasure of moving them, I don't see why not.

They don't make much noise. Some fan whirring. I'm not sure about electrical noise. But if you're willing to pay a little more for the pleasure of moving them, I don't see why not.

My PowerWall fan starts to get relatively noisy when my garage heats up over 100 degrees F. I can hear it from inside the house. The rest of the time it's pretty quiet. My contractor did not charge me extra for the wiring run through the attic from my electrical panel to the garage on the other side of the house. It only took them a few minutes

My PowerWall fan starts to get relatively noisy when my garage heats up over 100 degrees F. I can hear it from inside the house. The rest of the time it's pretty quiet. My contractor did not charge me extra for the wiring run through the attic from my electrical panel to the garage on the other side of the house. It only took them a few minutes

Welcome to Arizona! Not an air conditioned garage, eh? :)

Welcome to Arizona! Not an air conditioned garage, eh? :)

Not air conditioned - and the door faces southwest to boot. I've insulated the garage door and some of the outside walls, so the garage at least stays cooler than the outside air in the afternoon - but not by much. I have an automated fan that draws the hot air out of the garage at night - or anytime the outside temperature is cooler than the garage temperature.

I'm working with Tesla on a 2 powerwall system. I have a 200 amp main panel at the back of my house, and a 60amp sub panel in a separated garage with a guest house over it. Outside wall near the main panel is not ideal, its outside a bedroom window, and outside in the weather (snow in Northern California Sierra Nevadas)
I'm wondering if the powerwalls can be installed in the garage and ran off the existing 60 amp circuit? I have enough room in the conduit to change out the sub panel to a 90 or 100amp sub panel, but Didnt know if they will have to bring another circuit dedicated for the powerwalls or how that would work?
I like the idea of the powerwalls being somewhat protected in the garage, even though it's not heated.