Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can someone pass this along to the Ontario group?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The article is correct. The promise of FSD was far more then we are even close to. Elon said there would FSD taxis by the end of the year and in reality they can't get cruise control to stop the phantom braking for hills and shadows. We are a long time away from FSD on public streets. Do we even want to allow AI cars on our streets?

• Disagree
Reactions: Murky-Article
I find it odd that an article about the state of FSD completely ignores the company with the most miles in pursuit of achieving FSD is ignored other than a little blurb about the incident on Hwy 2. And, if you take a moment to think about it for a moment, that incident simply proves how advanced Autopilot is (no incidents caused, flawless driving) relative to the idiots behind the wheel (using an AP defeat device (not reported but had to have been), deliberately setting AP to a dangerously high rate of speed, and being so bold as to recline their seats to take a nap, not just inadvertently falling asleep at the wheel).

Then again I find most of that author’s articles to be biased opinion pieces rather than fact driven reporting so I’m not surprised.

We seem to be going backwards. The article is right that five yeras ago there were a lot of people saying that we would have fully automated driving within just a few years. Now people are much more hesitant about saying this. Didn't Elon promise a coast to coast autonomous drive in a Tesla in 2016 to occur by the end of 2017? Tesla wants new self-driving tech to autonomously road trip from LA to New York

Reactions: cdswm3 and mrElbe