Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can Tesla's recognize each other?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It'd be kind of cool to setup a group chat at the superchargers and have the display show Teslas on the road when you're driving instead of the generic cars.

I hope someone from other Tesla won't sent me the following message:

Your black model 3 is too dirty, shame on you
Your curb rash on the rear right rim is ugly, fix it
Your swirl mark is too obvious, here is a place i recommend for you to do a paint correction/XPEL, use my discount code
Your SR+ is slow, look at me I have a dual motor

I'd like the display to show the color of nearby Teslas. Are they aware of other Teslas? Is there any electromagnetic field they can transmit and sense the presence of another of their species?

It could be fun, but all depends on the reaction you expect to elicit from other Tesla drivers.
Around here (NY/NJ), you can't pay enough money to get a wave or an acknowledgment from one Tesla driver to another.

BMW ///M drivers waive to each other, occasionally.
Classic car drivers wave and honk at each other.
Motorcycle drives greet each other.

Where I drive, other Tesla drivers seam to be dedicated to ignoring each other.

The other question is the type of communication you would likely receive from fellow Tesla drivers.
If this forum is at all representative of Tesla drivers, then my top-5 would be:
  1. You are reckless driver for having passed me, regardless of the speed I was driving. I have the picture of you and your car, and it's being sent to the police now.
  2. How dare you flash your lights at me. It is my right to camp out in the left-most lane doing the speed limit, and if you were going faster than me, than you are racing (see #1 for the rest).
  3. I saw you take that turn too fast. I was sure you were going to crash and kill someone, since I would never carry that much speed through any turn. I took pictures (see #1 for the rest).
  4. Why are you waiving at me from your lowly Model 3. Don't you see that I'm driving Model S / X ? You and your ilk are undermining the value of my status symbol.
  5. This one is for NuYokas: "You made eye contact with me, therefore I have the right to cut you off, and you've conceded the right-of- way to me. Kapish? "

• Funny
Reactions: jjh1234
I hope someone from other Tesla won't sent me the following message:

Your black model 3 is too dirty, shame on you
Your curb rash on the rear right rim is ugly, fix it
Your swirl mark is too obvious, here is a place i recommend for you to do a paint correction/XPEL, use my discount code
Your SR+ is slow, look at me I have a dual motor

Or, your vin is so low I can see your panel gaps from here.

I wouldn’t want to see other Tesla’s on a map (as it would obviously include mine as well and just don’t like that idea) but I would be curious about a number count of Teslas driving around in my city for example at any particular time. Definitely have seen more over the months and have wondered.

I like them to communicate with each other to form a Tesla type Waze setup, but focussing on events/conditions that are more Tesla specific - traffic (AP optimized routes), weather, hazards (potholes, police). Would be helpful to know for when using AP is a no brainer and for when it is not.

Reactions: electricpepper