Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can we automatically decrease radio volume in the morning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RNHurt

2020 MY, White, Black
Jul 29, 2020
Louisville, KY
I really love my new MY but every time I get in the car the radio is set to the last volume level (read LOUD!) and it can be extremely jarring. Especially in the morning after I've been listening to SOAD or Tool the evening before. :D

What would you say to having a setting that reduces the radio volume by 50% (or something) each time you "start" the car? The title says "morning" but it really could be any time. Usually when I stop and get out I have the windows down and I'm rocking out to some good, loud music. However, when I get back in to leave the windows are up and I'm not really rockin' (yet). I think it would be nice of the car to turn down the tunes a bit so I don't get startled when I'm just trying to go home from the grocery.

I always dial down the volume of my music when approaching my destination. I'm not that guy to roll up with AC/DC at 90% volume then just shut the car off.

I am exactly that kind of guy. When I first got my Cadillac years ago with bose speakers, I loved driving 120km/h on the highway, windows down, music blasting. It was also better than a doorbell when I went to visit friends or to let my dogs know I was home.

I do agree it can be a little jolting in the morning when I've hit the snooze button one too many times and then have to rush to my car to get to work on time.

Reactions: RNHurt
I am exactly that kind of guy. When I first got my Cadillac years ago with bose speakers, I loved driving 120km/h on the highway, windows down, music blasting. It was also better than a doorbell when I went to visit friends or to let my dogs know I was home.

I do agree it can be a little jolting in the morning when I've hit the snooze button one too many times and then have to rush to my car to get to work on time.

I used to have a neighbor who’d do that all hours of the night - 2am, 3am, 4am ....

Wonder whatever happened to her valve stems?

• Funny
Reactions: Ruffles
Good thing my neighbors houses are all a couple hundred meters away. Also that's a good way to get charged since Tesla's have cameras and most security cameras are very cheap these days.

Oh sure - that was 20+ years ago and after the "F off" when I asked her nicely... she earned that.

The best was when the repo man showed up for her car while we were having my son's first birthday party... Hilarity ensued.... my family is known to not exactly hold their tongue. :)