Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can You Purchase Just the 18’ Cable for the Wall Connector?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is a good question. I'd like to know as well. Not because I need the longer cable. But a vandal tried to break my wall charger recently. Luckily nothing happened but if they decide to come back it would be fairly easy to unhook the cord and slam it up against the wall to where it would be deformed and not be able to insert anymore.

FWIW, the OP (and others on this posting) are asking about a replacement cable only. Not the full charger. I doubt it as I've never seen it listed on their site but you never know. It could be one of those "ask about it" items only.

FWIW, the OP (and others on this posting) are asking about a replacement cable only. Not the full charger. I doubt it as I've never seen it listed on their site but you never know. It could be one of those "ask about it" items only.

The answer is NO. If you have an issue with your wall connector under warranty, they will send you a new one. For legal reasons they cannot endorse you modifying their product.

All you need to do is sell your wall connector on eBay and purchase the correct unit. The amount you loose by selling on eBay (if anything) will be less than the $300 it would cost you if the cable was for sale.

The installation of a replacement cable, if one existed, is non-trivial and not worth your time.