TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Can you turn Stereo Off?

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by FoghornLeghorn, Sep 2, 2018.

1. FoghornLeghorn

Am I missing something, or is there no way to turn the stereo system off?

Seems I have to mute, pause, or switch to bluetooth (with nothing streaming from bluetooth) to stop the audio output.
    So the operation to "stop" the stereo is different depending on which audio service i'm using.

I end up just muting, but still seems like there should be an 'off' so that it is not continuing to stream data in in the case of internet radio.

2. diamond.g

diamond.g Active Member

Pause/mute appear to be our only options currently. The funny part is when you first open the door the car will unmute or/and unpause your source until you actually press the brake. Or at least I have noticed that is how my car acts.

3. TT97

TT97 Active Member

No way to turn off, just mute.

4. FoghornLeghorn

Yep, open the door, music starts playing. I haven't noticed it stop when I press the brake though.

5. ⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️

⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️ In loving memory of Version 8

I wish there was a way to make it simulate the sound of an engine when I wasn’t listening to music. I really miss that calming noise:rolleyes:

• Funny x 2
  6. VT_EE

VT_EE Member

This is no different than my Mazda 6. Mute/pause=off. Appears a lot of manufacturers are moving in this direction.

7. TT97

TT97 Active Member