Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada - lease end. Looking for advice and things to note

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for advice as to what to expect at the end of a lease with Tesla (first time leasing). I'm aware that if the car is immaculate, there's no issues - it's mostly about mileage. What should one do if there's road rash on wheels, minor dings, etc? Is it better to fix before the end of lease? Does Tesla tend to be punitive when it comes to minor damages?

Also, if you've received an end of lease survey and indicated that you want to know your options immediately, when do they typically respond? It's been a few weeks already and nothing forthcoming. I am hoping to go through some numbers to decide my next move - whether to buyout, extend, or return and purchase something else. Technically, I've got time, but if I'm looking for a seamless solution so that I'm not without a vehicle, decision time is approaching.

Thanks in advance.

Usually minor stuff is not an issue. Our last Ford Escape lease had all those things you mentioned and it was no issue. The only thing they cared about were large dings (bigger than a credit card), missing parts, Large scratches (larger than a credit card. I believe the rule was if a credit card can cover the damage it is not a problem.

• Disagree
Reactions: Murky-Article