Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what happend? did they tell you why?
It missed the train or something. They had an Oct 28th arrival to Quebec city and then the SC called me to say that according to what they were seeing the car will arrive Nov 10. I then called my contact in Toronto and she told me yeah sorry seems like your car won't be there before Nov 10th. So I rescheduled for a Nov 12 delivery.

Kinda sucks to be missing the 2022 model year cut by a few days/weeks. But still happy to not have to pay the LuxTax. BTW the LuxTax is in the source code in the Tesla account. So it may or may not be in place by Jan 1st, but Tesla is ready to add it.

I asked my gf what she thought about maybe refusing the car and take a gamble for a 2022 delivered in December and she gave me the look and asked are you really considering playing chicken with a ~15k$ tax to get a 2022?

It missed the train or something. They had an Oct 28th arrival to Quebec city and then the SC called me to say that according to what they were seeing the car will arrive Nov 10. I then called my contact in Toronto and she told me yeah sorry seems like your car won't be there before Nov 10th. So I rescheduled for a Nov 12 delivery.

Kinda sucks to be missing the 2022 model year cut by a few days/weeks. But still happy to not have to pay the LuxTax. BTW the LuxTax is in the source code in the Tesla account. So it may or may not be in place by Jan 1st, but Tesla is ready to add it.

I asked my gf what she thought about maybe refusing the car and take a gamble for a 2022 delivered in December and she gave me the look and asked are you really considering playing chicken with a ~15k$ tax to get a 2022?
thanks for info it looks like you are on the same train and truck then my car. I wouldnt gamble :) rather put the 15K in stock options.

Reactions: AMGF and Bitjockey
Got my insurance quote today from CAA, they had no problems accepting the VIN as a 2021 Model S as others reported here. Tesla gave me a pro forma sales agreement which I emailed them after they told me it would speed up adding coverage. Including $86/year depreciation insurance (if car gets totalled within 5yrs they pay out my purchase price, not depreciated value) was $1190. Hopefully won't need that!

That’s nice! Assuming our cars were on the same train, maybe I’m also gonna get mine a few days earlier.
Guys I went by the SC today and they told me the cars are in Chicago. They think my car could be in Quebec city friday or saturday. So you guys in Toronto your cars will definitely be in Toronto for the weekend.

It looks like we were all on the side train. This is it, the wait is coming to an end. 👍