Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 08.18.01.png

Lol, mine just went from August to February. Brutal. I also got an automated email from Tesla saying "We understand this may be disappointing and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please continue to check your Tesla Account for any changes to your timing, which should remain updated to represent our best estimate."

Huh?!? Since when has the Tesla Account reflected the "best estimates" - it just went from 'sometime in the next 3 weeks' to '6 months from now'.

I think it's time to explore a Taycan. This is too much.
That sucks! what's your RN#?

Seems like lots of us got dates. I got November 22 - December 12, from an original October estimate.

Getting too close to the 1 Jan 22 luxury tax for my liking... 31 December is my cutoff. If no car by then, I'm cancelling. I'm not paying an extra $6K in tax. (A perfect demonstration of how these types of taxes hurt the economy... but that's a discussion for another thread!)

Friday will be nine months for me… waiting

this was an email from last week…

View attachment 677003
I'm RN1143xxxxx So not far behind you. I ordered the plaid+ though which I think helped me jump up in the line? That said just today they told me that July isn't happening.. Yes I guessed that. And now they say September 1-21th.. No year given though so a bit concerned. :)

• Funny
Reactions: RAM_Eh
Seems like lots of us got dates. I got November 22 - December 12, from an original October estimate.

Getting too close to the 1 Jan 22 luxury tax for my liking... 31 December is my cutoff. If no car by then, I'm cancelling. I'm not paying an extra $6K in tax. (A perfect demonstration of how these types of taxes hurt the economy... but that's a discussion for another thread!)
I agree. Tesla needs to deliver as many as they can before the end of year or they will see mass cancelations.

Reactions: sandman1330
RN1139XXX got email that my model S is delayed until Feb. This is crazy. I ordered Plaid Plus and paid $2500 on battery day now I am getting my car after others. This makes no sense to me.
Model S plaid+, Red on white, 21" and FSD (Fully loaded)

Agreed some movement today!
  • Model S/Plaid+ Conversion/Red/White/CF/21 - RN1143 - Blank
  • Model S/Plaid/Blue/White/CF/21 - RN1147 - October 19 - November 08
  • Model X/Black/Black/Wood - RN1145 - October
My confidence is low on these estimates based on my experience in 2021 so far but this is the first time I've been given a range. Also odd why my Plaid+ conversion is blank still.

I heard that TSportline will have winter packages for the Model S in September. I bought them for my Model 3 Performance and was pretty happy.

What are others doing?
Just called Tesla to double check whether my blank RN1143 order was actually being planned. The SA said there was nothing on the back end at all for it.

There doesn't seem to be any reasoning behind the prioritization of the orders as far as I can tell.

Hopefully my Blue RN1147 estimate is somewhat real.

I'm happy to see fellow Canadians getting more specific estimates now.

Reactions: Bitjockey