Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait - that might be good news!

There’s a known bug where the day you get your VIN, it changes to Feb for the day, like the system is transferring your file from production to delivery.

Keep checking, you will probably get your VIN today!

Edit: oh but I see you have white interior, that’s a hold up for some. I‘m still hoping for you to get a VIN today!
I'm not holding by breath :( I got the dreaded email:

1629820183207.png

• Funny
Reactions: TrevTremaine
Freaking annoying for us to be pushed back with a looming luxury tax looming over our heads while Tesla released almost a hundred cars for anyone to pick in the US.

Pretty sure these 100 cars would cover a huge part of the canadian orders. Disclaimer, I understand these cars are excess inventory across dealers, but I don’t think Tesla cares one bit about us and many of us are gonna have to fork a huge amount of $ to cover Justin’s stupid luxury tax.

I have a Plaid with Oct 6-26 EDD. Was originally set for August. I guess the next update will be decisive. If it goes back again it’s a very bad sign. If it gets closer there is hope.

Freaking annoying for us to be pushed back with a looming luxury tax looming over our heads while Tesla released almost a hundred cars for anyone to pick in the US.

Pretty sure these 100 cars would cover a huge part of the canadian orders. Disclaimer, I understand these cars are excess inventory across dealers, but I don’t think Tesla cares one bit about us and many of us are gonna have to fork a huge amount of $ to cover Justin’s stupid luxury tax.

I have a Plaid with Oct 6-26 EDD. Was originally set for August. I guess the next update will be decisive. If it goes back again it’s a very bad sign. If it gets closer there is hope.
I’m right on the edge, my EDD is mostly in December. If it slips even a bit more…. 😬

BC has had a luxury car tax since 2018 and hasn’t slowed Tesla sales. Why would they care that the rest of the provinces are now getting it?

A quick google search shows me it only affects cars over $125K, which a mid spec Model S LR can sneak under, and I think Model S were cheaper pre-refresh anyway? And it looks like it was an increase to the PST, rather than a tax on top of it, so the net amount you’d pay extra would be less. Again this comes from 30s of googling so please correct me if wrong 😊

The new luxury tax will mean an extra 6K on a mid spec LR, and I haven’t done the math on a plaid… 😡

BTW, make sure you write to the government about it (see my post here:)

Ordered Late Jan 2021, Blue LR white interior 19" wheels. Was Feb, now blank today

Well since the new federal luxury tax only affects cars above 100k, Tesla predominantly sells Model 3/Y's Long Range version, which sit under 100k.

If we want change, then we better vote accordingly this coming election, rather than be annoyed at Tesla (which trust me, I've been waiting a while and have every right to be annoyed at them lol). Just my 2c

I’m right on the edge, my EDD is mostly in December. If it slips even a bit more…. 😬

A quick google search shows me it only affects cars over $125K, which a mid spec Model S LR can sneak under, and I think Model S were cheaper pre-refresh anyway? And it looks like it was an increase to the PST, rather than a tax on top of it, so the net amount you’d pay extra would be less. Again this comes from 30s of googling so please correct me if wrong 😊

The new luxury tax will mean an extra 6K on a mid spec LR, and I haven’t done the math on a plaid… 😡

BTW, make sure you write to the government about it (see my post here:)

Luxury tax on the base Plaid is 14k$, on top of the 25k$ taxes (in QuebHell) for a total of 39k$!
Let's hope the adulteen with a famous last name doesn't win this time around.