Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been taking screenshots every time it got updated but never of the main screen. The screen where it shows EDD still doesn’t show any reference to the VIN or 2022.

I honestly can’t remember what it said prior to today. I think it said “2021 Model S” but I’m not sure.

I think that I must have picked one of the most common configs which helped me get the 2022.
Just check with the chrome extension...2021 for me MF456 😣

It's the extention is reliable?

I probably miss a 2022 by 1-2 day or so

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211117-231422_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211117-231422_Gallery.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 81
Just check with the chrome extension...2021 for me MF456 😣

It's the extention is reliable?

I probably miss a 2022 by 1-2 day or so
To the best of my knowledge it is reliable. The source code trick is common and that is all the extension is doing.

If it really matters to you (and you don’t mind a delay) you could always be “unavailable for pickup” of that car and wait for a 22 to roll in.

To the best of my knowledge it is reliable. The source code trick is common and that is all the extension is doing.

If it really matters to you (and you don’t mind a delay) you could always be “unavailable for pickup” of that car and wait for a 22 to roll in.
Thanks for the information. If I am "Unavailable for pickup" do I go back the line for months/years or can be somes weeks ?

For those that care. Yesterday I posted that I've asked my SA to unassign my VIN. Today, the order no longer says "2021 Tesla Model S" and just says "Tesla Model S", and the Estimated delivery is Nov 25th - Dec 1st. Before reassignment, my delivery appointment was for Nov 29th.

I hope this is implying I didn't get pushed too far back in the queue by giving away my VIN. It could also simply be a glitch as the Fremont delivery robot hasn't had a chance to update my position in the queue. I guess we'll know tomorrow. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard of firmware updates causing delays in delivery? I don't see anything about it on the main Model S section.

My Plaid has been in Calgary for 2 weeks. First it got delayed as there were paint scratches during transport so they had the front bumper and truck repainted. Supposed to get it tomorrow and now I got this email:

"Your Model S, along with all others currently needs a firmware update from the engineering team at factory prior to your delivery. We were hoping to get it resolved last night, but the engineering team needs more time to develop a fix for all Model S's about to be delivered. I do greatly apologize for the delay."

Has anyone heard of firmware updates causing delays in delivery? I don't see anything about it on the main Model S section.

My Plaid has been in Calgary for 2 weeks. First it got delayed as there were paint scratches during transport so they had the front bumper and truck repainted. Supposed to get it tomorrow and now I got this email:

"Your Model S, along with all others currently needs a firmware update from the engineering team at factory prior to your delivery. We were hoping to get it resolved last night, but the engineering team needs more time to develop a fix for all Model S's about to be delivered. I do greatly apologize for the delay."
It’s all over the US forum. About 2000 vet’s affected it says.

For those that care. Yesterday I posted that I've asked my SA to unassign my VIN. Today, the order no longer says "2021 Tesla Model S" and just says "Tesla Model S", and the Estimated delivery is Nov 25th - Dec 1st. Before reassignment, my delivery appointment was for Nov 29th.

I hope this is implying I didn't get pushed too far back in the queue by giving away my VIN. It could also simply be a glitch as the Fremont delivery robot hasn't had a chance to update my position in the queue. I guess we'll know tomorrow. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.
Nice to know... keep in touch because I am thinking to do the same!

I have a VIN in the code source and is a MF ... want a new 2022 at this stage!

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

I wonder if more cars were affected? We picked up a plaid last weekend in Calgary that was delayed because it had to go to the paint shop twice! Asked what was wrong with it and they said just a couple of small chips. After delivery we notice that it is missing the clear rock guard on the front of one of the rear fenders. Emailed the SA and after a week no reply

Mine is MF and I will take it gladly. I don’t think anyone can / should risk paying lux tax for 2022. Furthermore Tesla price doesn’t change by model year but rather millage.
It takes literally 10 seconds to disprove that. The vehicle model year is a huge contributor to a vehicle's value, followed by mileage.

Attachments

• 1637437809596.png
    1637437809596.png
    173 KB · Views: 46
I wonder if more cars were affected? We picked up a plaid last weekend in Calgary that was delayed because it had to go to the paint shop twice! Asked what was wrong with it and they said just a couple of small chips. After delivery we notice that it is missing the clear rock guard on the front of one of the rear fenders. Emailed the SA and after a week no reply
My Plaid along with my friend’s were both missing the rear left rock guard. I don’t think they scratched all these cars at the same spot. More likely a lazy QC or they ran out of left pre cut PPF and decided to send the cars out anyway.

I think I have one of the cars needing the firmware. It doesn’t connect to my Tesla app, the map doesn’t have the satellite view option, I’m missing the Spotify, Netflix, Youtube etc apps in the menus.

I don’t care. The car runs great, I avoided the luxtax and I can enjoy it a little before the snow.