Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model Y Reveal Discussion

Will you be placing a reservation for the Model Y if applicable?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder why it looks so long to get a Saskatchewan Supercharger station up and running.
Having a provincial government that is openly hostile to green initiatives, carbon taxes, etc? This means that there is very little likelihood of provincial subsidies. Unlike BC, Quebec and Ontario (formerly).

In the past 99% of EV sales in Canada have been in AB, BC, ON and QC. According to the data as of the end of 2018 there were 93,091 Zero emissions vehicles sold in Canada and all but 1049 have been in AB, BC, ON and QC.

You have to think it would be very unlikely that the SK government is going to provide subsidies to build charging stations around the provinces. And the other thing is that having EVs in SK doesn't help as much with reducing carbon emissions as 47% of SK's power comes from coal. By the way, southern SK is the best place in the country for solar.

Last edited:
Pretty standard and to be expected in an mini SUV of this class / size for the 3rd row to be occasional use and tight. Would also assume that when the 3rd row is up there is very likely little if any storage room behind that 3rd row. Again, to be expected and nice to have the choice.

Kids only but I expected that from a mid-size SUV. Glad it’s an option though to keep the price down for those of us that don’t need/want it.

Exactly. Going on a trip with some small kids and other family? Put the kids back there and everyone rides in comfort. It's great that it's an optional piece since it's $4k extra, helps keep the cost down for those that have no need for it.

Reactions: gbertsch and 03DSG
Exactly. Going on a trip with some small kids and other family? Put the kids back there and everyone rides in comfort. It's great that it's an optional piece since it's $4k extra, helps keep the cost down for those that have no need for it.

$4K USD(?) for two seats for the pets. The perfect nuclear family. Mom, Dad, 3x minions of your choice, 2x pets of your choice :D

• Funny
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Hmm... I just think the Y looks too much like the 3. I'm really looking forward replace our ICE compact SUV with the Y. I guess I really need to see it in the flesh to be able to decide. With a white out and white in Y, LR AWD, 7 seater, and AP cost around $92k on the road which is alot of $ still. Hopefully by then, I can pickup a used X for less than that.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Saw a video "First Tesla Model Y Test Ride in 4k!"

it shows the 6th seat at the back, not much truck space left after that, and beside, the leg room is quite small, and I don't know how safe it is.

I have no need for a model Y, don't need a SUV any more. Oh yes, it is a HAPPY FAT car