Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Tesla Startup sound repeats every minute!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My S75 is replaying the startup sound (chime) every minute. Has anyone else experienced this?

Apparently US cars do not have a startup sound. I’m currently in the US and Tesla support is baffled. After a reboot or hard shut down didn’t solve it, a Mobile tech disconnected the 12V battery for 5 min but that didn’t help - every minute there is a metallic click from behind the glove box and the startup sound plays. It cannot be muted and is unaffected by the audio volume controls.

Any suggestions while I wait for Tesla Engineering to come back to me?

Mystery solved! Thank you for your comment — the sound is coming from my dashcam. I sat in the car with the Tesla tech and we both heard the sound coming from behind the dash.

LOL... I had something similar with a dashcam: I kept hearing something like "memory corruption" being repeated over and over and thought it was coming from the car... freaking me out in the process. Turns out the SD card in my dashcam had gone bad, and it was just the dashcam warning me!

LOL... I had something similar with a dashcam: I kept hearing something like "memory corruption" being repeated over and over and thought it was coming from the car... freaking me out in the process. Turns out the SD card in my dashcam had gone bad, and it was just the dashcam warning me!

This was my situation although the dashcam was just rebooting every minute. I had come to associate the startup sound of the dashcam with the car since the dashcam went on to declare events recorded etc.

If the Teslacam had been there when I bought the car, this would not have happened!

• Funny
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck