Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian X Refresh Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I gotta laugh - my EDD had been Dec-Mar, then 12/7-12/22, then 12/9-12/28 and today 12/12 - Jan 2. My trade-in value has changed twice and I’m sure it’ll change again because the EDD keeps slipping, thus making their trade-in value out-of-date. I ordered my X with Basic Autopilot, so I wonder if they’re prioritizing X’s with FSD or EAP over Basic. I’ll probably add EAP after my X is delivered, as I don’t want the $6000 added to the price of the car as that will cost more in taxes when I go to register the X.

I gotta laugh - my EDD had been Dec-Mar, then 12/7-12/22, then 12/9-12/28 and today 12/12 - Jan 2. My trade-in value has changed twice and I’m sure it’ll change again because the EDD keeps slipping, thus making their trade-in value out-of-date. I ordered my X with Basic Autopilot, so I wonder if they’re prioritizing X’s with FSD or EAP over Basic. I’ll probably add EAP after my X is delivered, as I don’t want the $6000 added to the price of the car as that will cost more in taxes when I go to register the X.
From what I had heard they don't consider prioritizing FSD or EAP anymore as people can cancel it just before taking the delivery. It is the other configuration they may priorities. Like wheels and colors

Hi everyone,

Anyone taken delivery today or in the past few days. If so, did you get the new larger rear screen. Hopefully we all end up getting it. Thanks.
My vin is slightly higher than yours (3748xx vs 3742xx) but I’ll post back on Tuesday afternoon after my delivery.

Lowest confirmed LR vin with the new screen so far is 375xxx that I’ve seen, but someone posted a Plaid in the 374xxx range.

Is your original VIN still on your account? Just curious how long it takes before it drops off and when new dates will get assigned. I rejected my delivery 2 days ago but the original VIN still shows ready for delivery on my account.
It took a couple of days to remove the vin from my account but that’s also likely because it took Tesla management a couple of days to call me and present the options and they gave me “a day or two to think about it”.

When I ordered I got fsd when it was for 9000 I think, I’m not sure if it’s worth it but it is definitely not worth 20k at this point in time.
Actually comes to $24,000 after you throw in the luxury tax. I would definitely consider adding it after delivery to avoid the additional $4,000 tax, then again you are supposed to declare all additions/modifications.

Actually comes to $24,000 after you throw in the luxury tax. I would definitely consider adding it after delivery to avoid the additional $4,000 tax, then again you are supposed to declare all additions/modifications.
My hesitation came from the fact that I can still get FSD at the July 2021 price ($10600).

My initial thought was that if we had been able to avoid the luxury tax, I was going to use some of those savings to pay for FSD.

At this stage, I am pretty resigned that we will have to pay the luxury tax and thinking that I will go with basic autopilot.

My hesitation came from the fact that I can still get FSD at the July 2021 price ($10600).

My initial thought was that if we had been able to avoid the luxury tax, I was going to use some of those savings to pay for FSD.

At this stage, I am pretty resigned that we will have to pay the luxury tax and thinking that I will go with basic autopilot.
I’m holding out for the subscription, and then I’ll do both cars as needed

With the X I may subscribe to premium connectivity. I’ve been just using hotspot in the 3, but I see demanding kids in my future.

Reactions: kamou
I got a call from Tesla Montreal. My original delivery date had been Dec 22 but the car arrived today. Scheduled delivery for next Saturday.

I also took the opportunity to go into the Montreal showroom and they had several Model Xs ready for delivery. They even had a 5 seater in the showroom which was for sale. Interestingly, it had a 372XXX VIN but it was the old rear screen with the thick bezel.

Taking delivery (6-seat LR) in Richmond BC on Thursday afternoon. Wish me luck!
I got a call from Tesla Montreal. My original delivery date had been Dec 22 but the car arrived today. Scheduled delivery for next Saturday.

I also took the opportunity to go into the Montreal showroom and they had several Model Xs ready for delivery. They even had a 5 seater in the showroom which was for sale. Interestingly, it had a 372XXX VIN but it was the old rear screen with the thick bezel.
Good news.. better to not be right at quarter end

Reactions: Alnak