Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dont be like me and try to cancel and reorder for a new VIN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Already used my order hold and wanted to delay delivery a bit longer to see if the rumored changes materialize. Since it took 3 months to get to this point, figured I could just cancel and immediately reorder. Nope. My new order instantly got matched with my old VIN. So im in the same boat I was in 5 mins ago, but now $250 poorer and owe tesla $2000 more for the same vehicle.

So yeah, dont be like me. It doesnt work that way. At least I have an order hold now though.

Maybe would of had a better chance if the changes were reflected on the website, I thought about cancelling and waiting but being able to transfer FUSC and FSD is worth more to me at the moment. With my luck the day after I take delivery there will be a price drop and same promos in place for next quarter 😂

Reactions: Jayskywalker21
Already used my order hold and wanted to delay delivery a bit longer to see if the rumored changes materialize. Since it took 3 months to get to this point, figured I could just cancel and immediately reorder. Nope. My new order instantly got matched with my old VIN. So im in the same boat I was in 5 mins ago, but now $250 poorer and owe tesla $2000 more for the same vehicle.

So yeah, dont be like me. It doesnt work that way. At least I have an order hold now though.
LMAO well at least you took the bullet instead of others right?

Sorry that happened to you. Totally sucks. However, though I'm sure it's not much of a consolation, we very much appreciate your sacrifice as our collective guinea pig.

I was previously on the fence about rejecting my VIN, going on hold, and/or canceling my order and re-ordering since I have the flexibility--paying cash (no financing or possible interest rate changes to worry about), no FSD or FUSC to transfer over, don't really need the car yet, etc.

But thanks to you and all of the other helpful folks on this board sharing their experiences, i've decided to just accept the Model X whenever my VIN is assigned and they say I can take delivery (assuming of course there aren't any problems with it). While RBG ambient lighting and front bumper cam would be nice, I'm sure I can live without them. In fact, it's probably a good thing my Model X won't have RBG ambient lighting b/c I'm sure my 6 year old would ask me to change colors every 5 mins. Haha.

Hopefully if I ever decide to fork over the dough for EAP or FSD, Tesla will have finally figured out Teslavision by then and/or will offer a retrofit for the front bumper cam.

That is savage. 😳