Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannonball Run on Tesla Model S using Super Chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've always wanted to participate in something like this ever since I saw the Mischief 3000 videos on YouTube back in 2002. I've been pondering participating in Gumball 3000 the last few years as well. It would be interesting if this Cannonball Run was with multiple participants, but I imagine you're doing a cross-country rally type of trip. Still fun nonetheless.

Only the obvious. Ride the bottom of the battery--only charge enough to make it to your next stop. Time your entry into urban areas or plot a route around them if rush hour. Know what speed is considered reckless driving in each state--there's a risk/reward element here.

How do you plan on staying awake for 70 hours straight if you are doing this by yourself? Either your sleeping for 45 min at each SC or you're taking drugs, neither of which you should be on the road as you pose a danger to everyone else and their families. You're an idiot. I hope you don't kill anyone or become the first death in a Tesla.

Easy Big Boy. I don't do drugs and I am not planning to have any in the near future. I will be driving through Colorado though(You never Know):wink:. Will keep you posted of my trip details. I will remember your post while driving and will stay alive and will keep other drivers on the road safe.

How do you plan on staying awake for 70 hours straight if you are doing this by yourself? Either your sleeping for 45 min at each SC or you're taking drugs, neither of which you should be on the road as you pose a danger to everyone else and their families. You're an idiot. I hope you don't kill anyone or become the first death in a Tesla.
Sorry, I must have skimmed too quickly. How many miles is this journey he's taking?

Personally, I prefer The Gumball Rally to the Cannonball run series, but...

Random thoughts. If you are planning to travel at "hyper-legal" speeds:

• Do some test runs at your expected travel speed and monitor energy usage. Plan out your SC stops and make sure that at high speeds/energy consumption, you won't get stranded.
  • Don't expect to set any records - all the record setting times were in vehicles with a trunk full of gas tanks to minimize stops. Plus you can't take the direct route (3400 mi vs 2800, I think). My guess is ~50 hrs is about the best that anyone can hope for (and that's driving every mile at 80+)
  • Get a co-driver/navigator so you can sleep. Better, 2 so you can always have someone as a lookout/navigator.
  • Don't post details in a public forum until it's done, unless you want to be met by Lieutenant Roscoe en route.
Oh, and this whole thing is illegal, dangerous, and stupid. Nothing in any of my posts shall be deemed endorsement of this behavior. Do so at your own risk. :wink: