Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot clear TMPS warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have issue that I cannot clear tire pressure warning despite tire pressure has been corrected to 42 psi, reset and re-learn multiple times. I have been driving the car for hours after reset. The car was coming from bodyshop for bumper repair. Any suggestion ?

Attachments

• 7209d951-12d0-47c5-bc01-f5f4781c18b9.jpg
    7209d951-12d0-47c5-bc01-f5f4781c18b9.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 82
I have issue that I cannot clear tire pressure warning despite tire pressure has been corrected to 42 psi, reset and re-learn multiple times. I have been driving the car for hours after reset. The car was coming from bodyshop for bumper repair. Any suggestion ?

Lock the car for at least 20-30 min so it goes to sleep and then go for another drive. There’s something that happens when it sleeps that helps reset things.

I had this too...I was able to reset the tpms sensors to make it go away. It did not just go away when the pressure was properly set. I may not have driven the car around enough. I know it says to drive for like 20min over 15mph.

Do you mind to go over the step? Did you reset or learn new pressure? I think I drive it long enough after reset. More than 30 miles

Last edited:
Also note that some Model 3’s with 18” tires are rated to be inflated to 45 psi while others are 42 psi. They all have the same Michelin MXM4 OEM tires so it seems to be related to the production date. When the Model 3 first came out 45 psi was recommended. But people complained about how harsh the ride was so Elon suggested trying 42 psi. At some point in the future it appears Tesla formally changed the recommendation to 42 psi.

But sometimes I wonder if a car with a 42psi label may have the TPMS set to 45 psi. If so, having the car at 41 or 42 would likely trigger the warning.

I just purchased the 433mhz TPMS that was recommended on another thread here, it’s for an OEM Aero spare that I can use for long trips.

The Amazon reviews say that sometimes it could take a few days and not just a few hours. Short trips to the store and back won’t cut it, 20 miles on the highway seem to work best. While others synced right up, others took more then a day or two. TPMS have automotive grade batteries in them so it’s possible that one of them failed, I believe that any wheel shop like Discount tires or even Tesla can run a check on the TPMS sensors using their TPMS tool.

Did you try a reboot by pressing on the 2 wheel buttons on the Steering wheel?

Fred

Last edited: